HybridZ

Identify this header

rayaapp2

P1040966.jpg

P1040967.jpg

Note the collector. 3 bolt flange but looks like OE. Its bigger than the L24 and even the L28. I want to try and find the flange at least if not a set of nice long secondaries.

Who made this thing? Its pretty well constructed. Its either for a 280z or its a Off road only product(no air injection). It has a nice THICK flange and the tubes are pretty hefty as well. Its one of the heavy sets of headers Ive had my hands on.

I have seen one other header just like this one. It was on a 75 280Z and the owner said it was Datsun Comp, but that could be non-sense.

Edited by rayaapp2

Note the collector. 3 bolt flange but looks like OE. Its bigger than the L24 and even the L28. I want to try and find the flange at least if not a set of nice long secondaries.

Who made this thing? Its pretty well constructed. Its either for a 280z or its a Off road only product(no air injection). It has a nice THICK flange and the tubes are pretty hefty as well. Its one of the heavy sets of headers Ive had my hands on.

I have seen one other header just like this one. It was on a 75 280Z and the owner said it was Datsun Comp, but that could be non-sense.

Looks like an aftermarket header sold by (not made by) BRE.

You've only seen one like that Ray? You have never been to my place...

Stailess Steel Versions were available (400 series)

Blue painted ones were Trust/Greddy

Green painted ones were OS

Red painted ones were Fujitsubo

That was 'the standard header everybody had' on an L-Engine in Japan from the mid 70's when Trust started selling them (before that, Nissan Sport Parts has some similarly configured ones available)

My Trust header was bought and put on a car in 1978, daily driven on the mainland and then shipped to Okinawa, where it was daily driven until it was sold to me in 1986...and it's been on one of my cars (along with the matching exhaust...bet you want photos, huh Ray?) ever since.

The exhausts that bolt to that are still available in Japan.

My last example I bought out of a Scrap Yard for 700 yen (at the time slightly less than $6...but there was a time that was about $2.50!)

New they were around 45,000 yen. The Stainless versions are higher...

That should be dumping into twin 50mm tubes. This is a very close replica of the Nissan Factory Header for the L-Engine, and the exhaust on that setup is why the 240's had two divots in the diffy front X-Member. The Fairlady 432 had twin 60mm tubes off of it, but looked similar. It's like the aftermarket basically copied the 432 setup.

Edited by Tony D

...(along with the matching exhaust...bet you want photos, huh Ray?)...

The exhausts that bolt to that are still available in Japan.

That should be dumping into twin 50mm tubes. This is a very close replica of the Nissan Factory Header for the L-Engine, and the exhaust on that setup is why the 240's had two divots in the diffy front X-Member. The Fairlady 432 had twin 60mm tubes off of it, but looked similar. It's like the aftermarket basically copied the 432 setup.

Pictures would be awesome!

I was almost certain that was what that notch was for. See my MSA twice pipe install. The 432 was the only thing I knew of that had twice pipes from the get-go.

----------

Im not sure Ill end up using these any time soon, but they are worth holding on to. The header I have on the car now has much longer primaries. Unfortunately the header I have on there now is also much thinner material and I already had to patch a small hole.