HybridZ

Jdm exhaust/muffler

surfer.tech

Hey guys, everything is from the butt dyno. Will dyno the car once I get the Mikunis on.

Down low below 2500rpm she will bog and have the laggy fee (which i think is the loss of power) Around 3500 she will start to pick up and scream. The revs are very different than what I was used to. I've had the car stock for one year and drive the same roads.

As per my emails with Kameari they state that their headers will provide a "gain of 12-15% on a stock engine, more with a good muffler and carb tuning." I should have done a base dyno but I didn't have the time. I dont doubt them, they know what they are doing although that number is a really high estimate. It's starting to get cold up here and she will be put away for the winter. Probably have to update this in spring when the mikunis are on.

Will try and post pictures on here as well as classic Z car

Note: Kameari Drag (octopus) header is 45MM connecting to Fujitsubo Legalis-R which is 50MM

Should dyno it now, and "should" have done a stock baseline. It quantifies and lets you know where you are when you start.

Below 2500 stock the bog and have a laggy feel. The STOCK cam doesn't start making power until 3 or 3500.

I know where mine was at previous to a forced installation of header/exhaust. I should quantify it as well. I didn't notice any 'loss' in bottom end other than being slightly more cold-blooded. Seems the extractors helped scavenge the exhaust better and required more fuel from the SU's than the previous stock system.

It 'seemed' to pull better on the top end, but then again it's just louder so it may be all smoke and mirrors.

When I checked my L28 with a real dyno, I was shocked how much power I lost with the previous owners 'bolt on' power adders...

I'm in a similar spot as Tony. I got a baseline run and then put on a header, however with a different exhaust (twin pipes). Feels about the same as before, just sounds different. Only the dyno will tell, I will schedule another run hopefully before the end of the year.