HybridZ

LS1 setup is coming out!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update.....

The car starts!

Have some cleaning up to do to the fuel line, tuck away some wires, install drive shaft, new clutch master and a few other small items and she is all done. Miss the engine already! :unsure:

New owner is going to love it tho.....Kjones are you getting your car fired up this weekend?

Update.....

The car starts!

Have some cleaning up to do to the fuel line, tuck away some wires, install drive shaft, new clutch master and a few other small items and she is all done. Miss the engine already! :unsure:

New owner is going to love it tho.....Kjones are you getting your car fired up this weekend?

Nice job guys! Mine is VERY close... completely assembled - including all the odds and ends like hoses, wiring installation is done. Gonna put the dashboard back in (all wired up already) this weekend. The only other thing left to fire mine up is to run the new fuel hard lines and fill it up with fluids... If I get time to do it this weekend, I should have it running and totally drivable by Monday - fingers crossed. Waiting on a few parts to come in which they should all arrive by the weekend - needed an extra piece from Lokar, the Tach, and a bunch off other small things etc but I am there!

Edited by kjones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok I guess it is time to get back to the Z car with the above swap all done!

Here is what I picked up as a donor:

1227578406_tmWSK-M.jpg

1227578266_4q8tR-M.jpg

1227578660_bpv2p-M.jpg

1227579429_n8D4j-M.jpg

1227578116_ahJNx-M.jpg

1227578915_Qoagj-M.jpg

1227579022_94tE8-M.jpg

1227579160_WDmLK-M.jpg

1227579299_7uTes-M.jpg

1227578529_agboX-M.jpg

1227579554_thZZb-M.jpg

Yes a perfectly good running car 2002 M6 Camaro. I have someone who may buy the entire shell after the engine and trans is out.

My plans:

New tank set up - being worked on as we speak (ATL drop in fuel cell in stock tank)

Repaint engine bay - will also work on blocking off radiator area and air box

Repair fuel lines - damaged from moving diff mount; don't ask.....lol

Send stock harness out to Speartech

Purchase long tube headers via 1tuffz group buy

There are plenty of other things to do but I would like the Z back on the road come end of May. So let the parts purchase begin. :D