HybridZ

anyone running a scatter shield?

ZT-R

I've run scattershields that I made myself. Basically I cut and bent a piece of 1/8" plate to fit the area of the trans tunnel where it hits the floor pan. Then I cut another and bent it over the first and welded the two together, and bolted them in the car on the driver's and passenger's sides. I don't have any pictures. I can tell you that they aren't pretty, but I'd rather have ugly shields and my feet than not run them. I mostly did this because I had 3 separate machinists look at my Arizona Z Car flywheel and ask if I had a scattershield.

Another option is a trans blanket. I don't know if they're rated for an exploding flywheel, but they're certainly better than nothing and a lot easier to install than a scattershield.

Edited by JMortensen

I've run scattershields that I made myself. Basically I cut and bent a piece of 1/8" plate to fit the area of the trans tunnel where it hits the floor pan. Then I cut another and bent it over the first and welded the two together, and bolted them in the car on the driver's and passenger's sides. I don't have any pictures. I can tell you that they aren't pretty, but I'd rather have ugly shields and my feet than not run them. I mostly did this because I had 3 separate machinists look at my Arizona Z Car flywheel and ask if I had a scattershield.

Nice, I was planning on doing something like that on mine but just welding the plate in and painting over it when I finish the body work. I like my feet too!