HybridZ

Datsun Restore's weather stripping kit

emoximuu

I know other weather stripping works just as well but living in Hawaii and being in the military I don't really have a lot of time for scouring the few junkyards around. I'm looking for an all in one kit and just found the Datsunrestore.com weather stripping kit. Has anyone had any experiance with them or the kit they have? I know MSA and Black Dragon's kit have there issues. Are there anyother kits that I'm missing that may be better?

I know other weather stripping works just as well but living in Hawaii and being in the military I don't really have a lot of time for scouring the few junkyards around. I'm looking for an all in one kit and just found the Datsunrestore.com weather stripping kit. Has anyone had any experiance with them or the kit they have? I know MSA and Black Dragon's kit have there issues. Are there anyother kits that I'm missing that may be better?

Try these:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/240z-260z-280z-parts-s30-1970-1978-c-7724.html

http://www.vintagerubber.com/240z.aspx

I have done two 240Z hybrids and used the Precision kits that MSA and Black Dragon sell on both projects. On the second 240Z hybrid I would have tried the Vintage seals as I had heard that they were softer, but they were still developing the door seals and I didn't want to wait. I will try the Vintage parts next time.

With the Precision kits the door seals were too thick and the doors would not close which is a common complaint. Also, the hatch glass seal was mal-formed in the top corners. I ended up buying an OEM hatch seal from Courtesy Nissan.

For the door seals I have used door seals from Pep Boys. They work, but are about 10 inches too short so I just buy three and splice in a 10 inch section. They use a pinch strip which holds well and they conform to the 90 deg bend at the top of the door. The doors close normally and they seal well.

The p/n for the Pep Boy seals is 3554. They are made by Magic Mounts and can be seen at thier website.

You can see this at http://www.magicmoun...oducts/3554.htm

post-178-058688800 1294023445_thumb.jpg

post-178-083699600 1294023460_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

I have done two 240Z hybrids and used the Precision kits that MSA and Black Dragon sell on both projects. On the second 240Z hybrid I would have tried the Vintage seals as I had heard that they were softer, but they were still developing the door seals and I didn't want to wait. I will try the Vintage parts next time.

With the Precision kits the door seals were too thick and the doors would not close which is a common complaint. Also, the hatch glass seal was mal-formed in the top corners. I ended up buying an OEM hatch seal from Courtesy Nissan.

For the door seals I have used door seals from Pep Boys. They work, but are about 10 inches too short so I just buy three and splice in a 10 inch section. They use a pinch strip which holds well and they conform to the 90 deg bend at the top of the door. The doors close normally and they seal well.

The p/n for the Pep Boy seals is 3554. They are made by Magic Mounts and can be seen at thier website.

You can see this at http://www.magicmoun...oducts/3554.htm

Pictures

post-178-023264600 1294023627_thumb.jpg

post-178-040205600 1294023642_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...