HybridZ

Which Tilton 7/8 master clutch ?

I see 2 different Tilton master clutch cylinders. 75 series 75-875u kit that has a Close tolerance cut-off ports: shortens "dead" stroke of pedal for quicker activation and improved feel, in black, that is out of stock. OR the 74 series 74-874u. Can anyone with experience tell me which one. All's I see when reading is people use the 7/8" Tilton, not which series. I REALLY don't want to blow out my slave in the T56. Thanks! Scott

Looking back in my notes I believe the MC I used was #75-875U. I am using it with the original LS1 clutch and it seems to work fine.

I'm no expert but both those parts have the same bore and stroke so the amount of fluid displaced in the end should be the same. I think you could use either one...

Looking back in my notes I believe the MC I used was #75-875U. I am using it with the original LS1 clutch and it seems to work fine.

I'm no expert but both those parts have the same bore and stroke so the amount of fluid displaced in the end should be the same. I think you could use either one...

I recognize the 75-875u PN as well.

875U here as well. Do yourself a favor and pre-bleed your slave cylinder and buy a remote bleed hose while you're in there. I had to pressure- and vacuum-bleed several pints through to get full clutch disengagement, and it would have been much more painful without a remote bleeder. Don't have the maker handy, found it on LS1tech site.

I bought Earl's fittings and Teflon lined hose (Speedflex I think) which allowed me to make the right length hose and not have to coil it up.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am at the point where I am ordering parts again for the car. I already have this clutch: http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?tpc=Tilton_-_74_Series_Master_Cylinder_Kits&form_prod_id=889&action=product

Also ordering: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAM-78510/

As for as the clutch line itself, I would like to keep the quick release but the fitting from Speedway has the stainless AN -4 to GM quick connect lines that from memory wouldn't work on the clutch master? I forgot what size adapters come with the clutch master kit.

You guys who made your own line, used a AN -3 fitting correct off of the master to what on the throw out bearing?

Thanks. I feel like a newbie again! I welded up a fitting the first time around and just trying it different way this time.