HybridZ

Can't pull engine because tranny won't come off

I have been trying to figure this out for a few hours and nothing I can think of is working. I have a L28ET with a 5 speed transmission attached. I am trying to pull the engine only so I removed all the three bolts accessible from the engine bay. I also took off the bolt that holds the starter. Underneath the car, there were no bolts holding the transmission.

Any recommendations as to how to separate the transmission from the engine block? I am not sure how I can pry it off or how rough I can get with it. Don't want to break anything.

I have been trying to figure this out for a few hours and nothing I can think of is working. I have a L28ET with a 5 speed transmission attached. I am trying to pull the engine only so I removed all the three bolts accessible from the engine bay. I also took off the bolt that holds the starter. Underneath the car, there were no bolts holding the transmission.

Any recommendations as to how to separate the transmission from the engine block? I am not sure how I can pry it off or how rough I can get with it. Don't want to break anything.

There are 2 up top near the head. 1 is on the driver side where the bottom of the engine block extends out to the trans. Opposite side(passenger side) there is another bolt #4 not related to the 2 starter bolts at all and going into the bell housing from the same side as the other 3 previously mentioned. There should also be some aluminum brackets holding the bell housing to the block underneath(unless previously removed or missing). Then there might be 2 bolts with nuts holding the dust plate to the transmission on the very bottom.

Once its all removed a firm shake usually breaks it loose. No pry bars needed.

Edited by rayaapp2