HybridZ

Can anyone identify this aftermarket cnc'd part?

Just bought a 71 240z with an L28 about two weeks ago, this part (as well as several other misc parts) came with the car.

Anyone tell me what it is? I've searched but have found nothing comparable. My only guess would be a diff mount?

OBiHJ.jpg

ZXs0h.jpg

Mods if this thread is useless or in the wrong section please nuke it.

Edited by spitsnaugle

Awesome, any idea who its made by?

Its got a bit of a thunk sound from the rear when accelerating right now, I'll assume that will fix that :)

It looks just like the one sold by Arizona Z car. Hard mounting the diff does fix the clunk, but may cause other problems some of which are the reason people go with the RT diff mount. There is lots of info on this topic on the board.

Do not use that type of a solid differential mount, your just asking for trouble. I would recommend buying the R/T style mount. (Roostmonkey sells them at a VERY reasonable price and is a fantastic seller.) If you do use it I would recommend really beefing up the front cross-member. Solid mounts are know to rip the metal apart.

;) Your welcome if you don't use it and tear your car up. Save yourself the trouble, I promise you will be more happy with the R/T mount. I will take pictures of my setup if you would like.

Do not use that type of a solid differential mount, your just asking for trouble. I would recommend buying the R/T style mount. (Roostmonkey sells them at a VERY reasonable price and is a fantastic seller.) If you do use it I would recommend really beefing up the front cross-member. Solid mounts are know to rip the metal apart.

;) Your welcome if you don't use it and tear your car up. Save yourself the trouble, I promise you will be more happy with the R/T mount. I will take pictures of my setup if you would like.

After researching it a bit I think I'm going to go with the R/T mount setup. Probably within a month or two here.