HybridZ

Triple Weber Air Cleaner Recommendations

Dingo240

Hey guys I'm trying to decide which route to go with for an air cleaner for my triples. I've looked into what K&N has as far as single and multi unit assemblies, as well as ITG's and Ramflo. Pricing all seems to be the same so I'm more interested in peoples experience with different brands. Which ones have have given you the best performance in terms of filtering, durability, and R&R? I would just run the air horns if it wasn't for those damn dusty roadsîŒ

Using the tall K&N's to fit my air horns with a long cannon manifold, and it's pretty close to the fender wall so it's an inconvenience when I have to take them off. They have counter sunk screws holding them in, but I'm eventually going to get some butterfly bolts so I can do it my hand. They are getting dirty though and I'm looking into some ITG foam filters down the road

Go with the ITG or other brands of the same type design, if you can and get the tallest that will fit around the carbs. I can fit a 100 mm and just clear the brake MC and strut tower area with a shorter Sanyo/SK manifold and O.E.R. 45mm carbs. The more room to breathe the better so go with the single unit vs individual ones.

Edited by zguitar71

Now this is the set up I was planning on running on my supercharged forced induction. It is a 4x4 inch box section. The neat thing about this design is you can also set it up cold air induction by it putting the air cleaner in front of the radiator.

Carb_3.jpg

Blow_Through_Eng.JPG

You might try these:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RD-0450

They have an internal radius that replaces the radius of a velocity stack. Look for some damaged stacks or some that someone replaced using a full radius horn from TWM.

Cut the bell off of the velocity sack and clamp this on. Make sure and measure the O.D. of the cut stack to order the correct K&N part.

Alan

I used to have an ITG filter going on top of the 3 carbs. I've heard it was the best but it was a major pain to get out. Since I'm very often under the hood, I wouldn't recommand it.

I since moved to 3 K&N filters, there's no change in performance and it is much more convenient. Butterfly bolts as suggested above by Bludestiny would be a nice addition. They also give a little of bling under your hood, not what I'm after but it does look good.

Edited by Lazeum

The foam filters will harden on the inside from heat and fumes. It can significantly block flow over time. The signs will be a richer and richer condition. If you must spend the money on the ITG unit then check the back side when doing maintenance.

The K&N units I referenced have the velocity radius made into them. When you mount them on a modified Mikuni stack it works well.

Over the years I have spent a fair amount of $$ on just air filter set ups. These K&N units are the best street/track combo I have seen with out going to a full air box with remote filter.

Alan