HybridZ

got new t3/t4 need some pointers and info

82 turbo z

ok so i drive a 82 280zx turbo, p90a head, f54 block if you want to get more into it. i got a garrett clone t3/t4 to replace my blown stock t3 and i was wondering if im still pushing stock boost 6-8 pounds would i still need to upgrade the fuel/air system to compensate for the bigger turbo? i've got stock turbo injectors in now but i have fox body ones in a box, i also have a custom fuel rail, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and im getting a 3" downpipe made past the cat. would i be able to use the fox body injectors safetly with the bigger turbo or would it be too much fuel since i have no way to tune this yet. thanks

depends on the size of the injectors.you might have to turn down the pressure a bit. have you test fit the turbo yet? i'm doing the same thing. i had to remove the manifold heat shield to get it to fit,with an eighth inch of clearance.way too close! bought a half inch spacer to move it out. email me and i'll send pics.

You'll never get the factory system working with the bigger injectors - it will be way too rich. Just run the larger turbo on factory injectors. At low boost, you won't have any issues. Adding an intercooler would definitely be nice though. When you want to make some real power, go to an aftermarket EMS.