HybridZ

Holley vs. Carter fuel pump - the answer

I posted a rather popular topic when I started questioning the need for the vapor tank. Well, I took my tank off and relined it with POR-15. I also pitched my HOLLEY BLUE FUEL PUMP because it was too darn loud. Instead, I got a CARTER 5 psi pump. Many people commented on the merits of each. Having owned both, I think that I am now qualified to give my opinion. THE CARTER FUEL PUMP IS UNQUESTIONABLY BETTER FOR A STREET DRIVEN CAR. The Holley was at least 5 times as loud as the CARTER. Yes, the Carter only has 5psi, but Holley carbs run great at 3 psi. anything more than 5 or 6 and you have too much. That is all of the pressure that a normally aspirated car wants. Again, the HOLLEY WAS AT LEAST 5 TIMES AS LOUD AS THE CARTER!!! Also, with the 5 psi CARTER, I could clean up my engine compartment by removing the Holley regulator. What a deal. If anyone is interested in a slightly used Holley fuel pump, I have one to sell. I am sticking with CARTER. By the way, I don't have stock in either company and I like my Holley carb, I am just so much happier with my Carter pump than that super loud Holley.

Guest Anonymous

Holly pumps R JUNK .Carter r nice and quiet .But neither really delivers .Spend some money on a pump that will last .like a SX or BG Had em all SX now. I shot my HOLLY with a 308 F-ing loud leaking POS !It is no longer with us .