HybridZ

Will '75 Z Auto R200 swap into '82 Turbo Auto

Over30S130

Don't want to get flamed here, but I'm running short on time. I have done the search and I think that it is a direct swap, but just want to make sure. I have the opportunity to buy this somewhat local and the R200 is the same 3.54 ratio that I already have in the Turbo that I think may have issues-if not now-could later on, anyways. I can get for less than $100 and I am interested because it was pulled during the first year of the car's life to swap for a different ratio R200, so it has very low miles on it. It has been sitting in some guy's basement all this time. Local,low miles, and cheap-hard to pass up. Is this the exact R200 that I am looking for? The key info. here was that it came from a '75 w/AUTO from what I've found? Just want to make sure before I drive 130mi. as the seller won't ship.

Oh, overlooked that small detail. Yea, if yours is an auto, it's gonna be an r180 most likely. Like sticky said, check under the car, and in the FAQ.

I'll check under the car just to be sure, but according to the FAQ, all autos have the R180, but the Turbo Autos have the R200. If the confusion is around the '75Z, most of them were R180, but a somewhere I saw that '75 and maybe '76 Autos had the R200. Just wondering also if both were R200, would I need to change the outputs on the new/old one going in the Turbo with the ones off the old one since I am running CVs?

Pop your existing differential out and bring it with you...best way to compare what you've got against the new diffy. Like z2go said, most likely the pinion flange and half-shafts will need to be modified or replaced. See the attached pic on pinion flanges -- very likely that your car currently has the DAT-110 flange, and the differential you're considering has the DAT-110-2.0. It's an easy thing to swap flanges.

This is a great stickie in the Drivetrain sub-forum: "http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/49194-differential-cv-lsd-hp-torque-r160-r180-r200-r230-diff-mount/".

Good luck...hope you find what you need!

r/John

post-4224-033776200 1298993731_thumb.jpg

Pop your existing differential out and bring it with you...best way to compare what you've got against the new diffy. Like z2go said, most likely the pinion flange and half-shafts will need to be modified or replaced. See the attached pic on pinion flanges -- very likely that your car currently has the DAT-110 flange, and the differential you're considering has the DAT-110-2.0. It's an easy thing to swap flanges.

This is a great stickie in the Drivetrain sub-forum: "http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/49194-differential-cv-lsd-hp-torque-r160-r180-r200-r230-diff-mount/".

Good luck...hope you find what you need!

r/John

Thanks for all the replys guys without getting flamed. I did my searching in those areas prior that were suggested herein, but just wanted to get some more confirmation as who knows, there might be some minor conflicting info. or info. left out on various info. that lists diffy's to model year match ups. Thanks Z2go as that was just the kind of information I was looking for-first hand info. on the '75 Auto diffy. But I know, nothing can take the place of seeing it first hand and verifying for sure at that time. I didn't necessarily want to go with an older R200, especially one that I had to modify-however easy as you make it seem, but this one kind come up suddenly even though I wasn't really in need of one quite yet, but couldn't resist atleast checking into it due to the fact that it was pulled out of a new car and stored. I may have missed this one as his ad is deleted now and I have not heard back again, but atleast I have aquired some very good info. to help in the future. Thanks again.

All ZX Turbos came w/R200's - only NA's came w/R180's guys...

Thanks for the clarification on the Turbo application Brad-Man, that kinda had me confused as well. But,not all NA ZXs had just R180s either, I believe. An '82 I previously owned had a R200.