HybridZ

Coilover sleeve ??? for 280

I know the strut tubes on the 280Z are slightly larger than say, the 240, (mine measured 2.1...") and the typical 2" coilover sleeve ID is too small to fit over it. Is the OD for the 280 coilover sleeve the same OD as the typical 2" ID sleeve? I'm assuming the 280 sleeves are thinner wall (having the same OD and a larger ID). Am I correct? I want to take a typical 2" coilover sleeve and machine it to fit my 280 tubes but wasn't sure if it would make the tbe walls too thin. Has anyone done this?

If one of you guys wants to buy me a set feel free :) I know they're available. I just need someone to measure the OD of a set of 280Z threaded coilover sleeves. I already have a set of sleeves and a lathe. If the OD of the 240 and 280 are the same, then I'll make make these work.

If one of you guys wants to buy me a set feel free :) I know they're available. I just need someone to measure the OD of a set of 280Z threaded coilover sleeves. I already have a set of sleeves and a lathe. If the OD of the 240 and 280 are the same, then I'll make make these work.

On the ones I buy the OD is the same, they use the same adjustable lower perch.

• Administrators

Yes, the sleeves commonly available for 280Z's are thinner walled. The set I have here, that came from Ground Control, measure approx. 2.206" ID. If I remember correctly, they could be a smidge smaller and still fit over the tubes.

Beta Motorsports and Modern Motorsports both carry them. Ground Control carries them too...but with GC, I don't think you can buy at a component level...they'll only sell you a whole kit...springs and all.

I couldn't find the larger diameter at Coleman either.

Not sure if this'll help, but:

From A1 Racing: (http://shop.a1racing.com/)

- Threaded Alu sleeves: 4 x COK12452-H @ USD18.80 ea

- Lower spring perch/nut: 4 x COK12460-B8 @ USD12.87 ea

- Coil-over top: 4 x COK12465 @ USD13.08 ea

From: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/63506-daily-1978-280z/page__view__findpost__p__674248 (my build thread, '78 280z)

Dave