HybridZ

Arizona racing brakes.....

Anyone heard from Dave at arizona z car?

I was in contact with him but then he disappeared,its been over a week since he replied.

Does anyone have an extra set of his willwood racing brakes kicking around? Id really like a set asap :-)

Matt

I usually get fairly delayed replies, not sure if it's because this isn't his primary income or if he's just in that high of demand. I remember a while back asking him when the new parking caliper would be available and he said "as soon as I get through this stack of orders" so perhaps he's been swamped.

i used my other e-mail to contact him and got a response right away... should have my stuff sent out monday :-)

excited to have some real brakes on my Z

I usually get fairly delayed replies, not sure if it's because this isn't his primary income or if he's just in that high of demand. I remember a while back asking him when the new parking caliper would be available and he said "as soon as I get through this stack of orders" so perhaps he's been swamped.

I've had hit or miss moments with him too. Like many shops, they're usually tinkering too much to mess with email (rightfully so!). I've called and placed an order over the phone on two separate occasions and my parts were shipped immediately.

That said, I didn't receive a receipt for either purchase! Anyone else have that problem? I keep meaning to call him, but I can never seem to remember within business hours...

Edited by zredbaron

I didn't get a receipt for the brakes or the LCA's either. I haven't had much luck with e-mail either but when I call he's been great to talk to and get quick shipping. I had a rod end on my LCA's that creeked unbearably (weird) and he emailed me when he sent out a replacement priority mail no charge. I'll probably buy his front LCA's one of these days, and can't wait for him to finish the parking brake kit.

I take it you finally got a chance to test the LCAs then... good stuff? How much different is the ride, ie is it undriveable anywhere other than the track? I still test and tune my carbs on country roads before each race, and I'm hoping that full-race LCAs add more of an instant response than an absurdly harsh ride. (never ridden in a car with spherical mounts for rod ends)

Edited by zredbaron

• 2 weeks later...

got my brakes today!

so excited to put them on, should have my car together before the end of april :-)

EDITED: Please re size pic and re post.

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Image size to large

I take it you finally got a chance to test the LCAs then... good stuff? How much different is the ride, ie is it undriveable anywhere other than the track? I still test and tune my carbs on country roads before each race, and I'm hoping that full-race LCAs add more of an instant response than an absurdly harsh ride. (never ridden in a car with spherical mounts for rod ends)

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. I can't tell any difference in ride at all. They seem to be a bit noisier at really low speed-5mph or so. After that I can't tell any difference there either. It does seem more responsive and better through bumpy corners.

Mike

I can't tell any difference in ride at all. They seem to be a bit noisier at really low speed-5mph or so. After that I can't tell any difference there either. It does seem more responsive and better through bumpy corners.

Mike

Thanks Mike! Really good feedback to hear. I assume more responsive in the corners means both increased lateral g stability (over bumps) and of course the ability to put *and* keep more power to the asphalt?

Sorry to bug you... I just don't like leaving any room for interpretation or doubt! I'm 100% sold on going low-friction fully adjustable LCAs, now I just need to finalize if I'm going with ArizonaZ's design or not. The only concern I have with their design is the pivot point is now ~1" outward, and I don't yet know what that means in terms of geometry...

Edited by zredbaron

got my brakes today!

so excited to put them on, should have my car together before the end of april :-)

Oh, and MaTTSuN, please please PLEASE don't ever post such a hi-res pic again! Even with a fast internet connection (and a MacBook Pro), it really effects the way this page loads and scrolls now. There's a reason this is a repeat complaint by members and admins.

That said, beautiful parts. You have every reason to be proud! B)

haha sorry about the large pic :-)

Im thinking of painting the calipers "grabber green" to help them stand out anyone paint these before?

Oh, and MaTTSuN, please please PLEASE don't ever post such a hi-res pic again! Even with a fast internet connection (and a MacBook Pro), it really effects the way this page loads and scrolls now. There's a reason this is a repeat complaint by members and admins.

That said, beautiful parts. You have every reason to be proud! B)