HybridZ

How can the typical airline passenger be SO dumb?

Globerunner513

Singapore Air is definitely the best… best stewardesses in the best uniforms, best food, best in-flight video options. After flying various Asian airlines, European airlines, whatever – and then boarding a US flag carrier, the most obvious indication that it’s a US-flagged flight is that the stewardesses are almost spherical, gender-ambiguous and surly. Ain’t no place like “homeâ€.

My employer negotiates airline ticket fares every fiscal year. Sometimes our rates are fairly low ($600 round trip to London Heathrow, from the US); other times they are outrageous ($1200 round trip from our Midwestern city to Washington DC). In no case are they ever cheap. But we get the same class of service as the fellow who snagged $95 tickets on Expedia or whatnot.

I never check baggage, never carry liquids/gels, and usually have priority boarding. So the boarding process is relatively painless. Still, if I’m going to spend 14 hours inside a depressurized aluminum tube, it would at least help to be served by pleasant young ladies who know how to smile.