HybridZ

LSx s30 Longtube group buy thread

I know for a fact that Blake is going to Tennessee today with some speed boat exhaust parts that he's been fabricating. Had to hand deliver them because of the deadline. I would guess he's been busy on that (not an excuse as to why some ppl don't have their headers).

Is he the only person that works at his shop? Pretty terrible way to run a business if you can only ship when the owner is physically at the shop. Can't imagine why you would undertake this sort of thing if its that just to ship items that were already paid for.

Is he the only person that works at his shop? Pretty terrible way to run a business if you can only ship when the owner is physically at the shop. Can't imagine why you would undertake this sort of thing if its that just to ship items that were already paid for.

I agree, I have no idea how he stays in business. I even told him to get one of his guys to box it up and get me weights and dimensions. I can issue a FED-EX call tag and have them picked up. That did not work either. If you can't trust your guys to box up headers god help us all.

I'm going to give it until the end of the month. If I don't get them by then I will just have someone drive to Springfield and get them.

Yep..... unless he randomly has someone helping him..... I agree, not the best business model.

List is now complete - regarding who has or not received their LT's. Those [4 of you, shown in all bold] that opted for ceramic coating are the only ones who do not have their LT's. None of us have received our new oem Multi Layer Steel (MLS) exhaust gaskets as per our original agreement. Open to any ideas as to how/what to do next. I can say that I really like mine, wish that I was more of an engineer so that they would have been nearer perfect from the beginning and that no mods would have been needed but hindsight is always 20/20.

1. tuff z - Y

2. sunnyz - Y

3. evilc - Y

4. Litman - Y

5. RebekahsZ - N

6. alainburon - N

7. blueshark123 - Y

8. neverenough - Y

9. svMike - Y

10. Zzeal - Y

11. zeeboost [1 7/8] - Y

12. akuma-z - Y

13. JustAFantaZ - Y

14. rags - Y

15. BigPoppy - Y

16. 78 LS2 Z - N

17. Joemama - N

Edited by 1 tuff z

Well I finally spoke with Blake last friday. He says he has been trying to reach the 4 us that have not received our headers. Funny my phone never rang. I call BS on that one.

Anyways he claims he issued a FED-EX call tag that monday and he is waiting for them to pick up the headers. I know FED-EX picks up call tags daily or at the very least the next day.

It has been almost 2 weeks since the so called call tag was issued and guess what? Of course no headers.

I'm planning to make a trip to Blake's shop towards the end of the month if the headers have not arrived which I'm sure they won’t. This is a major inconvenience for me since they are in MO and I'm in TX about 11 hour drive.

For those of you that are still waiting for your headers, if you want me to pick them up for you and ship them to you I would need authorization to do so in writing.

Unfortunate it has come to this. Sure wish he [blake] would do the right thing, finish the job he agreed to: ship the remaining 4 pair, either ship gaskets or issue refund in proper amount to us all. Feel bad that other/potential LSx Z swaps may not get to enjoy what we will...

Edited by 1 tuff z

I had someone near Springfield yesterday and had them stop at 417 Motorsports to see if they could get my headers. Turns out there is only one technician working there and he says he knows nothing about our headers and to contact Blake on his mobile.

I then called Blake a couple of times and no answer as usual. I was frustated and txt him stating that I had a guy stop by there and he was not able to get any answers as to what is going on and if I drive from TX to MO I expect not only answers but either the headers or my money back. I also mentioned to him that I called FED-EX and no call tag was issued from his shop address and that I was tired of being feed BS, also that we need to get this sorted before things get out of hand.

He txt me back right away apologizing for lying but according to him the truth is that the merge collectors have been on back order and they just came in Friday. He says he was just trying to buy some time by telling me they were ready to ship. He mentioned that 78 LS2 Z has received his already and sent me a picture of RebekahsZ headers that are going out this week. (attached picture)

He claims I should have mine by the end of the week as well. I really wish things did not have to get to this point but when you call a business or it's owner for several weeks and get no reply you start to think the worst especially when the stories you have been told about your parts are not true.

It looks like only 2 of us are missing our headers now. We will see how things go.

post-14557-094872300 1340111075_thumb.jpg

Did he mention anything about the header gaskets that are part of the deal?

I was told by Blake that I would not be getting gaskets or a refund for header gaskets, stating some BS about only having 19 orders and the deal was 20 orders. How this guy stays in business is beyond me....only after I threatened a Paypal dispute (for crediting me on the VB option he neglected to include) did I receive any sort of response from him.

I was told by Blake that I would not be getting gaskets or a refund for header gaskets, stating some BS about only having 19 orders and the deal was 20 orders. How this guy stays in business is beyond me....only after I threatened a Paypal dispute (for crediting me on the VB option he neglected to include) did I receive any sort of response from him.

I agree with you, I don't care to threaten people but that's the only way he replies. He told me the same thing about the gaskets.

My heart is a little happier! Turned 18,000 miles on my LS1 swap today while running the short track at Watkins Glen International [WGI]. This afternoon the organizers decided to run the nascar short course. I had run it twice before but was able to get into a nice groove today and had some fun as well. Great two days there and no mishaps with the old Z!

Edited by 1 tuff z

I finally got mine today from FED-EX... Open the box to find that they were not ceramic coated and the V-band clamps are also missing. Just cant win with this guy, Maybe its time to file the paypal dispute. I talked with Blake last week and he was unapologetic,arrogant and continued to lie even after I called him out on it. As a business owner myself, I am unsure how he remains in business the way he conducts himself.

However, that being said I want to thank everyone involved with getting this group buy together.

Hello everyone,

This entire process has taken entirely to long HOWEVER.... You should all have your headers by now. I know the list that was recently posted was not correctly updated as i have checked all tracking numbers and all sets have been delivered. As you have already seen there is no gaskets included with the headers. I apologize for that, however the original arrangement and pricing was based on 20 sets being sold. After we had 19 COMMITTED buyers I spoke with 1tuffz and told him I would be able to go ahead with the project but would have to source the gaskets cheaper as the factory sets would have cost to much and cut into the already minimal profit margins due to the full group buy not being met. After another member of the community backed out leaving us with only 18 buyers there was no way to provide factory gm gaskets with the headers. There have been ha few issues that have arose along the way but those have been resolved to the best of my ability i am sorry if some of you do not feel the same.

It looks like the headers are proving to be well worth the wait looking at the dyno numbers david has posted after only a bolt on and go with no retune. I would be very curious to see what a tune would gain along with the 2 members that opted for merge collectors over the already significant jump vs the shorty headers that the community was limited to before. I wish we would have caught the starter issue when we were building and designing the prototype headers as it would have been an easy fix. The remaining sets i have here will be modified before they are assembled and sold.

-RebekahsZ, glad you like the final product!

-Joemama, Just as I contacted/text you before you headers were even delivered, I had seen that I forgot to box your clamps and other half to the vband flanges. They should be arriving shortly. Also when we spoke on the phone you even asked if your headers were ceramic coated, I told you they were not, and you had no issue. There was only 2 members that paid to get theirs coated. I even went back and looked at the paypal transactions to confirm it so a refund could be issued had you paid for it. There's no need to come on here and act surprised when you opened your box when we had already discussed this on the phone 2 days prior and I had contacted you regarding your flanges. If you remember I spoke to a third party when your initial order was placed and not directly to you.

-alainburon, again im sorry about all the bs, glad you like the headers.

thank you,

Blake Hughes

Blake, can you make the changes 1tuffz made in order to make these headers fit a 240z without mods? If they fit a 240z they will fit a 280z but not the other way around due to differences in the width of the trans tunnel. Perhaps you could make these mods at the same time you make the mods for the starter.

If we could have a do over then I'd personally do the following;

• Have the oxy sensors bungs shipped [but not installed] then, drill holes & weld in best position/access/clearance for my z
  • delete the v-band connector on headers
  • shorten or angle the collector [primarily the right side] more toward the tranny
  • weld a 3" to 2.5" transition directly to the shortened collector and v-band at the 2.5 end [better clearance in the trans tunnel]
  • sell my entire old 304ss exhaust and go aluminum after the 2 to 1 junction using a b-v-band connector [losing a few pounds]

Isn't hindsight great?!