HybridZ

Ideas for engine rebuild/ Performance build

So i'm planning on rebuild the engine in my car but i wanna add some performance to it too. Im not looking to do a ton of crazy things just some mild stuff. So what im thinking is:

-240sx Throttle body

-sx throttle body spacer from AZ z car

-a mild cam regrind (260 degree(212/212 at 0.050", 0.440" lift)

-and i have a full exhaust setup w/ headers and 2.5in piping

I also wanted to put aftmkt. fuel rail and was wondering if the 280zx turbo injectors would be good to use with the setup i have above. Im also thinking i should probably port and polish the heads. Im just wondering if this stuff would work together or if im just making trouble for myself :blink: lol. Any input is welcome, thanks guys!

So i'm planning on rebuild the engine in my car but i wanna add some performance to it too. Im not looking to do a ton of crazy things just some mild stuff. So what im thinking is:

-240sx Throttle body

-sx throttle body spacer from AZ z car

-a mild cam regrind (260 degree(212/212 at 0.050", 0.440" lift)

-and i have a full exhaust setup w/ headers and 2.5in piping

I also wanted to put aftmkt. fuel rail and was wondering if the 280zx turbo injectors would be good to use with the setup i have above. Im also thinking i should probably port and polish the heads. Im just wondering if this stuff would work together or if im just making trouble for myself :blink: lol. Any input is welcome, thanks guys!

Definately read the link to Brapps post regarding L28E EFI systems. The only gains you are going to see is with the exhaust mods but it sounds like you already have that installed. If you want to stay with N/A and want to get more performance you are going to have to go with an aftermarket ECU like the Mega Squirt II or III. The best bang for your buck would be to do a turbo swap. I picked up a complete turbo swap for $500. You can use a 240SX TB and spacer, hog out the intake runners, etc and see a performance gain with the turbo setup.

Im also considering doing the turbo swap but I thought i heard that all the turbo parts can be put onto the l28e n/a? I might be wrong but I think its what I heard. Im gonna start looking into the after market ecu's

You heard correctly.

Ok so I browsed through brapps post and got an idea for somethings. Im considering doing something like this intake setup http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?showtopic=51825 and gonna look into some computer management systems. Im also looking into converting into a distributorless ignition systems that i have an idea of what to do with that. Maybe something from here http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html or go with a C.O.P. setup. As for the turbo setup im still trying to decide if i wanna stay n/a or turbo lol :wacko:

Ok so I browsed through brapps post and got an idea for somethings. Im considering doing something like this intake setup http://forums.hybrid...showtopic=51825 and gonna look into some computer management systems. Im also looking into converting into a distributorless ignition systems that i have an idea of what to do with that. Maybe something from here http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html or go with a C.O.P. setup. As for the turbo setup im still trying to decide if i wanna stay n/a or turbo lol :wacko:

I saw the car that RT built the intake for and talked to Ron about it. It's an amazing piece. IIRC Brapp made note that the stock intake runners are only 53% the area of the intake valves! The intake is a major choke point for the L28ET so you are headed down the right road for making power with the L28ET. Keep reading - you're on the right trail and there is a ton of info on here. You're going to want to look at the ECU as one of the first changes because that will be the ground work for everything you do weather it's NA or turbo. The Mega Squirt looks to be one of the best bangs for your buck when it comes to after market ECUs.