HybridZ

dist question

I have a 77 280z and I got her missing pieces so to make this short I want to run a msd box and lose this ign system thats missing peices. I called msd and they said all I need is to convert to only their ign box is to convert my dizzy to magentic pickup is this even possible and how. Thank you for your time and help. So help me god i will turn this into a stable daily driver hopefully with a little of your knowledge

Edited by mrcj280z

Your 77 distributor already has a magnetic pickup, or variable reluctor (VR) sensor. You should be able to run the MSD setup using the output from the VR. As long as the pieces inside the distributor are still there and work correctly.

I am in the process of moving but will be calling In my favor and getting a msd 6a or 6al box tomorrow. I will call msd again cause your right I popped the cap off and it doesn't look like points. It was in a dark barn at the moment and hard to see anything but will be getting towed to my house by next week when I move. I will take pics and show you what I'm talking about. As far as my setup I'm pretty sure everything is stock with missing ballast, different aftermarket fuel pump(I have an extension cord to battery for ground with power plugged into fuse lol), multiple wires poking out of about 5 areas in the cab and less under hood, also no egr bpt (this one is messing with me cause i cant find it anywhere) and really rotten frame rails. Oh the things I want to do the previous owner, but hey first things first I need spark and fuel it has great compression. And yea frame pieces are on their way also.