HybridZ

are all r200 stub shafts held in with snap rings

dislexicdime

So I put a r 200 in my 510 and I broke a u joint the other day and when the u joint popped the half shaft hit one of the mounting bolts and now I can't get the nut off. But I can't remember if the half shaft has a bolt to retain it like a r180 or a snap ring . I figure I will have a better chance of getting the stub shaft off if I can get the whole thing out of the car.

Thanks in advance

Mikey

here is a pic of the carnage lol it could have been a lott worse

2011-03-29165006.jpg

Edited by dislexicdime

So I put a r 200 in my 510 and I broke a u joint the other day and when the u joint popped the half shaft hit one of the mounting bolts and now I can't get the nut off. But I can't remember if the half shaft has a bolt to retain it like a r180 or a snap ring . I figure I will have a better chance of getting the stub shaft off if I can get the whole thing out of the car.

Thanks in advance

Mikey

here is a pic of the carnage lol it could have been a lott worse

2011-03-29165006.jpg

It depends on the R200 you installed. I think all of the R200 side shafts that bolt up to 510/240Z halfshafts are a center bolt design. Unbolt the halfshafts from the stub axle side, unbolt your control arms, and lower the R200 and the halfshafts out as a unit.

You could just unbolt the other side, where the nuts are undamaged, and see what's there.

Or, isn't the bolt head visible under the u-joint? The snap-in ones don't have a bolt head there.

Or you could probably file or grind that damaged portion of the nut off.

Some alternative thoughts.