HybridZ

Help, MSA no longer sells Cowl Induction Hoods :(

mistafosta

Does anyone have a place I can get a decent cowl induction hood for a 240z? I want a max of 2-3" of cowl, no 4+"ers. The only thing I seem to find is huge pin on cowl. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have one I might be willing to part with . Its already painted red and has a little love on one of the edges where ups handled it. I would let it go at a good price if you are interested.

I'm in the same boat as you mista. I'm thinking the best solution would be to just grab a universal one from summit. They have the dimensions on there so you could get an idea of how it would fit the car.

Yah, I have no interest in building one. The steel hood weighs a ton so if I am gonna put any effort into the hood I will be swapping it to fiberglass and I don't want it to take a ton of work. Just want something easy and quick.

Rucus, email me pics and a price, mista240z@gmail.com Im betting shipping will be prohibitively expensive though unless you have a hookup..

I have no clue if this is what your looking for but after a quick google search I found an interesting looking one that has a 2 1/2" cowl.

http://www.body-panel.com/details.asp?ID=3268

Not sure on the cowl size but a great person to deal with

http://www.reactionresearch.com/pricelist.html#optionalparts

I'll post more as I find them since they are getting harder to find.

Edited by GOTHALOSISM

I have no clue if this is what your looking for but after a quick google search I found an interesting looking one that has a 2 1/2" cowl.

http://www.body-panel.com/details.asp?ID=3268

Not sure on the cowl size but a great person to deal with

http://www.reactionresearch.com/pricelist.html#optionalparts

I'll post more as I find them since they are getting harder to find.

Maybe the subtle Z hood, wonder if it comes with the 280z vents installed.. That other one doesn't look like it would fit a non-Gnose 240z

Does anyone have a place I can get a decent cowl induction hood for a 240z? I want a max of 2-3" of cowl, no 4+"ers. The only thing I seem to find is huge pin on cowl. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a nice fiberglass cowl I'm going to be parting with soon if you are interested let me know

I was at the MSA Garage Sale on Saturday and they had a returned cowl induction hood there for sale. I believe they wanted $50 for it. It had 4 holes in it, I guess the guy who returned it was intending to use hood pins. I talked to one of the guys about this thread and he said the main reason for not carrying the hoods is because of quality and fit issuses with the supplier. He said customers complained that the cowl hoods never fit right.

I was at the MSA Garage Sale on Saturday and they had a returned cowl induction hood there for sale. I believe they wanted $50 for it. It had 4 holes in it, I guess the guy who returned it was intending to use hood pins. I talked to one of the guys about this thread and he said the main reason for not carrying the hoods is because of quality and fit issuses with the supplier. He said customers complained that the cowl hoods never fit right.

Shoot, I called them and I guess it sold over the weekend. :( I couldn't make it down for the trip sadly.