HybridZ

70 240z garage special

One of the first 1000! Impressive ^.^

Not even camber plate??

My other 240z has a fuel cell, and had to have the tire well cut for it be installed, in witch I wanted to Do the same with this 240 but slept on it and disside NO that cutting it up that much isn't on my budget and truly shouldnt go that fare.

I think the car is well held together for its age & I hdve the original gas take witch had been rebuilt (including sending unite) so let's just use that.

What's the name of the shop your refering too?

CDT's Restoration. I spent about an hour talking with the guy. He does resto work, as well as collision, but mostly resto. he is on 1314 between 59 and 45. Pack a lunch cause it s a long way from you. But if you are coming up here then it might be worth it to drop by. Just be prepaired, he likes to talk..... I am bringing him my car to give me a quote on what my costs would be. I would pull the motor and tranny, maybe interior. The windows would be pulled and new seals all the way around. But it will be a little bit before I do this.... seeing as how the housing market sucks, which directly effects me.....

Very Nice Texis30O, That's an early #... I'm not going to do any concours deals with my Early 240, so at the minimum I'll be putting in the camber plates.

Chris, Tell me a little about the 300ZX brake swap... I didn't think they fit the S30 w/o a lot of mods. I was going to go the toyota pre 84 brake route, and eventually the ZX rear disks. I need to tear out all the interior and engine on my 240 before it goes to be blasted. I was really looking around here for that dry ice blasting, and so far as I've found nobody does that here. If I didn't have a job, I might be thinking that would be a good business to be in. it looks very cool.

Well I like Arizona Z cars products (using them on my other 240z), I going to take a different path with my new s30 project, no real reson as to why other then I have a set of 300zxtt (OEM) brake kit f/r. So I wanted to use them and Techno toy tunings rear end swap seems to work with them & see that I'm sporting a 300zxtt rear end and axles this should workout.

P.S. looking for a Complete weather striping KIT for my 70 Z.

Called MSA...no answer

Called Z car source....back ordered for a year now.

And help would be much appreheated.

The dry ice blasting seems like the cleanest way to blast a car. I did a little searching and found a company in the SE US. Seems mostly big jobs but i did see where they were using it for mold removal on a residential house.If the home owner could afford that route,maybe it could be cost effective for automotive use. I'll try to contact them to get an idea on costs. I also thought it would be a good business to get into.

Ice blasting seems profitable...food idea, now what Do the stsrte numbers look like?

Well I'm convened the "hardest" part over this build will be.......what color do I slap on this shell???

I know im using 17x8 CCW classics.

I don'twant flairs if I can help it. (not my thing)

I want the car to look and be clean, purposefull & well executed.

I'm still trying to cope with the idea of welding in a bolt in toll bar from MSA.

The car leaves the 16th of may so times a tickin

I hear ya there Chris, I anguished over my color choice for a long time on my 280, but on my early 240, I'm sticking with the bright white color. Though it's going to be fun. Like you I'll be sending it for blasting, and if I could do Dry Ice it would be amazing, but the car is staying in NM, so it's looking like soda or plastic media blasting for me. Mines been painted at least 3 times. Silver, Red, then white.

As far as the rubber kit, did you try also Datsun restore, or black dragon? MSA seems to be having trouble lately not answering phones, taking a long time to answer emails, hopefully they aren't going under, that would be sad.

Here's mine as it sat when I bought it.

post-4150-040181700 1303754682_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I think it would look pretty good without the flares. Your 73 has no flares either, but those rims are 16x8's all around right? I'm not sure they'll make a difference at 16x9 depending on your offset. It might be easiest for tire rotations to just keep all the rims the same size unless you're thinking you want to go wider than 225's. 307 Blue is a nice choice. Are you keeping the Series I distinctions intact?

Just ordered the 4 point from jegs.

Energy suspension poli bushings kit.

Found a fiberglass air in my area for 50.00 dollars, series 1? No cracks, No air ducts same one on my red 240.

ZG flairs, will be cutting the finders, doing it the right way if at all. (kinda having Secound thoughts on the flairs. :/ I need to sleep on it more)

Still need the TTT weld in camber plates,240z bumbers, headlight buckets, and 70-71 rear hatch.

The problem I'm having is finding a tire that I like to run in a 16x8 or 9 for the street. Track sure there are options with low high tree wear ratings.

I like my friends NT05's...and I have to go 17' to run those....any pointers on a 16's tires? I want a -offset & no smaller then 8 up front 9 rear.

Seems that 16s are on there way out.

No my panasport are 15x7 0 offsets.(came with car when I bought it... 0 offset really??!!)

I think I put the rong color cod down, its the " factory 240z mattalic blue" not the 280z mattalic blue.

No I really don't want to cut up Tgf body...as fair as the air dam and "possible" flairs I dont want to change the body or interior (I have momo wheel, gusges,cage, moded rebuilt factory 240z seats/able to accept harnesses, restored 70 dash and center consul)

Yeah, I think it would look pretty good without the flares. Your 73 has no flares either, but those rims are 16x8's all around right? I'm not sure they'll make a difference at 16x9 depending on your offset. It might be easiest for tire rotations to just keep all the rims the same size unless you're thinking you want to go wider than 225's. 307 Blue is a nice choice. Are you keeping the Series I distinctions intact?

Why are you set on a 9"+ wide rear wheel? An 8" wheel would allow you to rotate your tires, and avoid having to put on flares as well. As far as looks go, I don't think you'd miss the extra inch.

This is S30TRBO's 240Z with I think either 8" or 8.5" wide Watanabes.

DSCF3811.jpg

DSCF3806.jpg

looks perfect.

I just dont want to buy wheels and not be able to run tires that i like on the street and track.

then again after putting the M/T ET street radi's on my red 240z, i really miss being able to get tail happy and leaving small cloweds at red lights.

maby i dont really need a sticky tire for the street, savd it for the strack.

the only reson i was thinking 9" tires was for the traction for road racing & MSR. but the more i talk with old Z friends seems that i dont need the extra width and tire.