HybridZ

78 280Z LS3 Project

Is the body shop someone's house? 

Good to see you moving on this.  I didn't see you at TX2k.  You could have jumped in with Mike on giving me shit for driving my truck and not the Z...... get that thing on the ground and put together!!

I wanted to make TX2K15 but I wast stuck in Denver on business. LOL I would have gave you a hard time as well. How come you did not take your car?

I don't understand why car shops are prone to do this. We have money, but neither time nor skills, so we hire somebody who says they want to do this sort of thing. Then they just kinda quit(?). WTF! I'd like to try that some time: start somebody's eye surgery, then half way thru say: "**** it, Im goin' Turkey hunting....for six months...and leave the patient on the table and just walk away...and not call anybody to tell them." Yet somehow these places survive. I don't get it.

LOL, I will make sure I never have lasic in Alabama just in case.

There was a high percentage of rain chances.... my car hasn't seen rain in 30+ years.  Not to mention the fact that my ECU is located in the cowl and that is not conducive to rain conditions..... besides I wouldn't have been able to chill in the A/C and drink beer to and from the event in my car....... It would have been a "All hands on deck" cause it is something that I have to concentrate on...... lol

Yes sir, the bad thing is 3 years and the paint work is still not done. That's what has been the deal with mine, It just sat for months without anything being done. I'm just glad I decided to take it somehwere else. In the last week there has been more progress than the previous 6 months.

It seems like the technique to employ is to move the car to a new shop as soon as the existing shop slows down on it.  You should have a lot of shops down there that you could rotate through.  Just need to find them and get them into the rotation.  :P

While my car is getting the royal treatment at this new body shop I decided to upgrade the fuel delivery to my motor. Changed all fuel rail fittings from AN6 to AN8 as well as the crossover line. Also fitted an oil catch can as well as tied in all 4 steam vents on the heads, I will have to connect them directly to the highest point in the radiator. Darn braided lines and fittings are starting to add up.

post-14557-0-79462100-1429242109_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-33947400-1429242140_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-24312800-1429242171_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-19997600-1429242198_thumb.jpg

While my car is getting the royal treatment at this new body shop I decided to upgrade the fuel delivery to my motor. Changed all fuel rail fittings from AN6 to AN8 as well as the crossover line. Also fitted an oil catch can as well as tied in all 4 steam vents on the heads, I will have to connect them directly to the highest point in the radiator. Darn braided lines and fittings are starting to add up.

Looks like welding them was the right call. Looks

Good man!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The body shop finished my engine bay and the underside of the car. The entire thing was stripped down to bare metal and POR15 was applied, then a coat of semi-gloss black paint was put over the POR15. The engine bay did not get POR15 but did get primer and body color applied.

I received the rack and pinion back from being rebuilt as well as the adjustable coilovers. Also got a bunch of parts back from powder coating. I was able to assemble the front suspension. Hopefully I can do the rears sometime this week.

post-14557-0-41467400-1432593442_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-04718600-1432593506_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-98204000-1432593536_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-86408400-1432593561_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-92214000-1432593593_thumb.jpg

post-14557-0-79128900-1432593792_thumb.jpg

Edited by alainburon

LOL

I'm taking off from work tomorrow to install my R200, axles and rear suspensions. Will post some pics after I'm done. Then the hold up with be the wheels, I'm starting to get the run around.

The motor mounts are just the JCI mounts powder coated.