HybridZ

Intercooler kits that fit!

Two80z4me

Hey Hybridz, as the build is coming to an end it comes time for the inevitable intercooler construction.

Does anybody know of any piping kits that actually work with S30's? A friend of mine said that the DSM Intercooler piping kits work good, normally I would go have it custom built, but I'm on a serious budget and now its come to piecing together a junkyard Volvo FMIC with a piping kit from the web.

It would be nice to get a list of kits together that work and make a sticky, but thats just a pipe dream now-a-days.

Thanks, Sean.

Hey Hybridz, as the build is coming to an end it comes time for the inevitable intercooler construction.

Does anybody know of any piping kits that actually work with S30's? A friend of mine said that the DSM Intercooler piping kits work good, normally I would go have it custom built, but I'm on a serious budget and now its come to piecing together a junkyard Volvo FMIC with a piping kit from the web.

It would be nice to get a list of kits together that work and make a sticky, but thats just a pipe dream now-a-days.

Thanks, Sean.

I looked on ebay and found universal kits, in the size I needed, with a few 90,45,30,0 degree bends. Also might need different couplers. Yes, some cutting was required but turned out pretty good.

If your on a REAL budget you can pick up an old intercooler from a volvo, like you said, get some exhuast pipe and last some random radiator hose's from your local parts store for your bends. Most def gonna be cheap. Just dont run a crap ton of boost with it and should be good. Seen it done to a friend of mines and worked fine with no trouble for years.