HybridZ

New Turbo Project

Very Nice setup. Is that a trans cooler next to the water tank? My Iat's were a lot higher then i would like with my A2A so I have been contemplating a A2W setup or meth injection.

Thanks ,That is a watercooled trans cooler,and water tank that are made by Chiseled performance.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well were are getting closer, today John ( my best Friend and Brother )came over and finished the braided fuel rail lines and turbo return oil lines while I fabed the mounting brackets for the water tank and trans cooler. We worked on the fuel cell adding the AN 12 bung, and figuring out were to mount the fuel pump in conjuction to the cell. I am hoping to have at the dyno and then the track the first of march.But time will tell.Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

John / Jerry

You guys rock!!

I am a little late catching up on this thread, but am subscribed now!! Keep up the good work :-)

P.S. I am missing the DNI events as well, since I moved to PA a couple of years ago, I have done next to no racing to speak of and have been slowly converting the car into more of a street driver (pulled the NX kit, installed a 6-speed with a triple disc clutch, and some power heated 350z seats)... Don't get me wrong, it is not going to be JUST a street car (had the chassis recertified last weekend), but it is seeing more street duty and cruising than before...

Mike

John / Jerry

You guys rock!!

I am a little late catching up on this thread, but am subscribed now!! Keep up the good work :-)

P.S. I am missing the DNI events as well, since I moved to PA a couple of years ago, I have done next to no racing to speak of and have been slowly converting the car into more of a street driver (pulled the NX kit, installed a 6-speed with a triple disc clutch, and some power heated 350z seats)... Don't get me wrong, it is not going to be JUST a street car (had the chassis recertified last weekend), but it is seeing more street duty and cruising than before...

Mike

Mike, Thanks for the reply, you and Scottie or one of the reasons I have taken this path(Turbos) and Rip (Zebra Z) is the second. You were the first Z with the R200 in the 8's and I hope to be there shortly myself, our mph was 153 and that was enough to get a 8 sec pass but we were baby off the line at that DNI event.I miss the DNI (SEZ shoot outs) too. How did the Techno toy rear swap work out? I have watched this video alot , several hundreds of times I know. The last time I was follow your post you had ordered the TT setup for the rear, and you went to a 88mm turbo. Are you still running this setup?I talked with John this past week end about starting our other Z project. It is a 74 260Z that I bought several years ago, it has the frame rails in it all ready and a 9" ford rear with ladder bars. But, I want to see how far or fast we can go with the R200 setup. Thanks and GREAT to hear from you.Jerry

The last time I was follow your post you had ordered the TT setup for the rear, and you went to a 88mm turbo. Are you still running this setup?I talked with John this past week end about starting our other Z project. It is a 74 260Z that I bought several years ago, it has the frame rails in it all ready and a 9" ford rear with ladder bars. But, I want to see how far or fast we can go with the R200 setup. Thanks and GREAT to hear from you.Jerry

Well Jerry, the 88mm turbo was short lived, as I had some strange cavitating, fluctuation in boost pressure, and inability to keep the turbo spooled without the nitrous between shifts... It wnet 152 mph, even having all the problems, but I eventually went back to the 76mm turbo. The TTT rear end setup has been great, no breakage and has taken everything I have thrown at it thus far. We'll see how it handles the stick shift though :)

You guys launch that R200 harder than I did, so I have no doubt you'll be able to get there. I'd be surprised if I was the first one into the 8's with the R200, but I guess it is possible.... Anyway, keep the updates coming and when I have something to report I will..

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well , John fired it up for the first time last night. All is good no leaks .He has been hard at work finishing up the electronics. I made a appointment to go to the Muffler Shop ( Dyno) week after next.

post-1226-038205700 1336187446_thumb.jpg

post-1226-085328200 1336187468_thumb.jpg

post-1226-086332700 1336187491_thumb.jpg

post-1226-017830300 1336187510_thumb.jpg

Edited by jnjdragracing

• 2 weeks later...

Love the front shot of the car with those big BIG BIGturbos in front. For some reason I can't save it as a photo? Very cool indeed. Great progress and we can't wait to see this car in action.

Davy

This car is simply bad ass! On your old setup were you just dumping the trans brake on the half shafts? with a manual I broke a few with my car until i installed some bump stops on the struts, Now i have a trans braked th350 however i am kinda scared to try out the trans brake because it will leave me stranded at the track if all does not go well.

Hard to get used to the new smooth hood profile, no big blower is kind of like losing that timeless pin up girl posing on the hood. :blink:

Enjoying the evolution with you die hard Z fanatics. Track numbers will be great!

Edited by John Scott

This car is simply bad ass! On your old setup were you just dumping the trans brake on the half shafts? with a manual I broke a few with my car until i installed some bump stops on the struts, Now i have a trans braked th350 however i am kinda scared to try out the trans brake because it will leave me stranded at the track if all does not go well.

Thanks for your reply, the glide that is in the car now is the first with a transbrake.I made limiters for the rear struts so when under hard launch the shafts are straight with no negative angles.This prolonged the life of the shafts but after10 to 15 passes I would have to replace the ujoints. Since we now are using ,and have been using the 300 ZX Turbo CV axles for 3 years ,we have had 0 breakage, knock on wood. Thanks Jerry

Edited by jnjdragracing

Hard to get used to the new smooth hood profile, no big blower is kind of like losing that timeless pin up girl posing on the hood. :blink:

Enjoying the evolution with you die hard Z fanatics. Track numbers will be great!

Yea, it has evolved, but I feel like it is for the best, but now I can see the christmas tree with out leaning over in to the passenger seat.With this new set up I hope we can run faster ,by bring in the boost when we want it, and ramp it up as well.

Thanks Jerry

right on, did you upgrade your stub axles also when doing the cv swap? what are you running for the suspension up front if you dont mind??

I am running stock stubs,so far so good, and CARQUEST brand stock struts on all corners, I do have limiters on the frontend,so I can adjust the travel. Jerry

Edited by jnjdragracing