HybridZ

Using old Euro-spec springs

Hi,

since my car will hopefully arrive soon (76 model 2+2), and somebody offered me a parts car (EU spec 2+2, complete trash but low miles), I was wondering:

can I transplant the EU springs (rated differently iirc) into my US spec car? The parts car has sub 50.000km on the clock but is completely rusted out. I just know that the Eu car is supposed to sit lower than the US version. Thanks in advance,

Richard

Edited by Villeman

damn, so I really have to get the parts car..... ;)  thanks for pushing me to the right direction (zcar)

"From the 2001 NISMO parts catalog: The Stage 1 European springs are a direct replacement and will significantly reduce body roll with minimal reduciton in ride height. The 54010-N3502 and 55020-N3502 springs are designed for Zs built after 9/74."

given the condition of the car iteself, when are springs too far gone to be used?

Edited by Villeman

parts car has R200 Diff, full drivetrain with 5 speed, perfect dash etc. Just every sheet metal part is gone and the engine stuck. Basically a german car that was left in a garage. I was just thinking that maybe even the springs are rusted out

I think your 2+2 is also going to have an R200 if memory serves. 

Springs are gone once they stop supporting the weight or they fail from cracking etc. They will eventually start sagging, given their age I'm concerned that that may have already happened.

Any pictures etc? It would be nice to know the condition of the parts car and the condition of your car to know if there is any other benefit to be had.