HybridZ

how bad is wiring the V8 if you use painless wiring harness

Guest 2002sentraSER

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have most of it written down but haven't put it into an electronic format to post. I dont' have a puter at home worth using so I do most everthing here at work. I will try to come up with at the very least a wire to wire list for you and do the diagram later.

You can't be ANY more intimidated than I was. I had NO clue. I fumbled through all the diagrams I could get my hands on, laid them all out on the garage floor and got to it. I grabbed a cheap $10 meter at home depot and a flood light and worked all weekend on it. Took me about 8-10 hours to test and figure out everything on the combo switch but I did get there and the sense of accomplishment when I hooked up the batter charger and my turn signals worked was AWESOME!

• 3 months later...
If you're still looking for legible wiring diagrams' date=' autozone.com has service manuals online for many different cars. I don't know if it's the actual Datsun service manual or not, but the info there is much better than the Haynes manual I have, especially the wiring diagrams.

To find the service manuals, on the autozone home page, select "repair info", then "vehicle repair guides".

Hope this helps,

Bob[/quote']

Wow, there are a lot of wiring diagrams on Autozone.com... GET IN THE ZONE!

I'm in the pulling wire stage right now, I'm also contimplating how this will inter face with my Mega squirt stuff ( I know they are seperate units but I want the harness to look real neat) also need to hard mount a few more parts just to make sure the wires are in a safe enviroment. I'm running convoluted tubing over most of the harness. Also looking to run the stereo wires at the same time, so I'm really routing 4 (painless,MegaSquirt,stereo,datsun) harnesses at the same time. I mounted my fuse block above my dead pedal using the plate provided and some rubber mounted stand offs. It came out pretty nice, it will be difficult when I go back and form the interior panels for that kick panel but if it was easy everybody would be doing it. Keith

• 4 weeks later...

Hey "Hollywood" Tim (long time, my bad :wink: ),

I've seen you recommend the Waytek site before, if I recall correctly. Did you just order a bunch of different colored wire in ?? gauge? So, my real question at this point is what gauge would I want to get to do the entire body (already have the LS1 engine harness, thanks to Mike). By the way, he was under the impression that you went 'Painless'.

I'm going to attempt the body harness myself using Autozone's schematic, my multimeter, and wire and connectors from Waytek. I know of one 'Hybrider' who has a poster-size schematic of the 240Z; but, as a favor to him, he will remain nameless :wink: and I won't be a PITA asking to copy it. So, that also leaves me with the 'book' that you used...could you recommend one for someone like me who has the elctrical inclination of a caveman? Until then.. all the best!

Stan

• 4 months later...