HybridZ

Guest datsunRBZ

i also have a 78 280z with a rb25det swap if you have any questions still you can pm me also......dont worry about the swap if you want to buy a car with the swap im selling mine

Okay, I was thinking of swapping an RB25 into my 280zx. After reading all this, I can honestly say that I am utterly confused. It isn't that hard though. I'm not mechanically inclined. If someone break this down so a hardhead like myself could understand it would help.

Guest stealthfrenchmen

i have the same questions same as the guy below me... i was just woundering what fab work ill have to do... also like what ill have to do to the rearend... im kinda new with all this.. so any kind of info will help

email me at [email protected]

Guest stealthfrenchmen

oh yea i forgot to say i have a 76 280z not a zx... is that still even possible? oh yea datsunrbz how much for your car..

Funny this thread popped up, I just made a new thread on another Z forum asking about a RB25 into a 280ZX. I just came back from my local engine importer and he has a sweet deal...$2500 for a complete RB25DET with tranny, harness, and ECU. I am now serouisly considering the swap, even if not many ppl in the US have done it into a 280ZX. Oh and just for fun I asked a local shop how much for the swap...they quoted me around 4K:shock: but that was including a new high power fuel pump, a FMIC kit and Fluidyne radiator, so ill get some aftermaket goodies too. What you guys think?

Funny this thread popped up, I just made a new thread on another Z forum asking about a RB25 into a 280ZX. I just came back from my local engine importer and he has a sweet deal...$2500 for a complete RB25DET with tranny, harness, and ECU. I am now serouisly considering the swap, even if not many ppl in the US have done it into a 280ZX. Oh and just for fun I asked a local shop how much for the swap...they quoted me around 4K:shock: but that was including a new high power fuel pump, a FMIC kit and Fluidyne radiator, so ill get some aftermaket goodies too. What you guys think?

I was quoted 4000 for a full driveable swap. And they had the engine there so I could actually check it out. Still a definite thought.

Guest car-zone

After a nice drive on the m1 we decided to head home but first we must go to McDonalds for a Mcfat burger, anyway a bunch of kids standing infront of a EG civic started to yell abuse at us for driving a datsun (take that shitbox home etc) what the kids didnt know is that the old datsun had a RB25det maken around 400 hp, after the little ***** fight we had a little race along mains road and u guessued it thats the kill, not because they were in a less powerfull car but because they were smart arse's.