HybridZ

Done with the rotisserie (pics)

Zerrari GTO

I've got the sub-frame connectors installed (thanks for the plans Pete), new floors in and everything sealed and undercoated.

I welded-up this rotisserie in a few days and it has been invaluable for this process. The pivot points are adjustable and indexed (at 3 1/2" offset I could spin my car with one hand).

Castors made it easy to wheel out in the driveway to work on (and watch people flip-out when they saw a car suspended).

Anyway, I'm done with it and ready to start the body kit install. If anyone in my area is interested, I'll take $150 for it (material cost). It's fairly light weight and knocks down for transport. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Ferrari_Project_058.jpg

Ferrari_Project_061.jpg

Ferrari_Project_063.jpg

Ferrari_Project_064.jpg

Ferrari_Project_059.jpg

Good looking design. The offset on the mount is VERY useful info. Thanks.

I've been searching in the archives and I can't seem to find a figure for how high the pivots have to be in order to spin the car without smacking the roof on the ground. Would you happen to know?

Thanks.

I've been searching in the archives and I can't seem to find a figure for how high the pivots have to be in order to spin the car without smacking the roof on the ground. Would you happen to know?

I had the same concern. I measured the width of the car and cut the mast(s) on the rotisserie long enough for clearance. I'll measure them when I get home tonight and post it here.

jmortensen:

I measured the "mast" on my rotisserie and from the bottom (where it is welded to the circular plate) up to dead center on the pivot point is 37".

This left me with a couple of inches clearance over the connecting rods between the two sides.

Quote:Twoeightnine

P.S Are you going to use a Reaction Eng. kit?

-Do you mean the Velo Rossa kit from Reaction Research?

If so, then yes thats the kit.

The 280 shell is about 500lbs+. This rotisserie could handle a lot more than that. It's the unibody you have to worry about. If you start loading on suspension pieces and such while the car is suspended at the extreme ends you might tweak something.

This thing is for local P/U if anyone is interested.

Zerrari GTO

Thanks for the shout back.

Looks like you have plenty of local interest in your rotisserie.

Was looking to save a little time. With your pics though I should have no

problem fabricating one up. I am an Engineer by trade but work keeps me so

busy that when I can buy a fix, I appreciate the value.

Obviously you would recomend Reaction Reasearch. Was looking at the subtle Z package. If I may, I would like to e-mail you a question or two and dive off of this thread.

Thanks for the pics and info.

Looking good!

Do you still have the rotisserie available' date=' or has it been sold? I am working on a '78 280Z and it would really come in handy![/quote']

DaleMX came over to my house on Sunday and decided he wants it.

He has completed a badass LS1 swap and now he's going to take it all apart to do body and sub-frame mods.

His LS1 install looked great and the car should be quite scary to drive.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
I picked up a couple 1000 lb engine stands today... tired of trying to get underneath the car...

Jon,

Do you have any pics of your Rotisserie? I’m considering building one for project FUZZY.

Thanks in advance,

Paul