HybridZ

LS1 FAST 90mm Intake

Hey Dale!!! Merry Christmas!

Santa left me the same set up!!! I thought of putting it on my Z..... Then back to have the car re Dynotuned to get full potential. I think I'll save it for the FD. You are gonna need to go with 4 inch intake ducting. JTR has all of that!!!!

JOEY

Dale sale the fast TB they suck. I had alot of problems with mine sticking and fast idle. I put on a NW 90mm TB and now the problem is fixed. Also use the 4" ducting, I pick up over 30rwhp using the 4" vs 3.5". You will need to get rid of the MAF with the 4"..

Goodluck

Mike

Thanks MAS, if it sticks I'll go NW without any delay. I have my WB now so when the intake goes on I will go SD and kill the MAF. All will be 4".

I remember reading about the sticking and problems with the fulcrum moving on the shaft. They assured me that the problems had been fixed and I recieved a new revision TB. They flatted the shaft, but that's the only thing I could see that they have done on the TB. I'm going to warm it up to like 180 degrees in the oven and check it again.

DaEvil, I cracked my LS6 intake. That, combined with the fact that I'm going to go 402 I decided on the 90mm fast.

If you want to try to fix the LS6 you are more than welcome to it. I bought it cracked (paid 35 bucks) and repaired it. But after about 6 months of heat cycling the repair broke. I am just going to toss it so let me know if you want it, just pay the shipping.

If anyone is interested.

* secret stuff revieled *

The company I work for has just made it available to adapt a 4" Ford Maf to a Chevy Computer. If you wanted to tune with the MAF still I might be able to send you a prototype to try out. Sounds like this would be the perfect spot for it.

Andy

Dale when are you going to put the 402 in? After running the 402 in my car I would never use the ls1 again. You will love the power and TQ. SD tune makes the car alot more fun to drive, the drivability is so much better. Good luck on the swap.

Mike

Dale when are you going to put the 402 in? After running the 402 in my car I would never use the ls1 again. You will love the power and TQ. SD tune makes the car alot more fun to drive' date=' the drivability is so much better. Good luck on the swap.

Mike[/quote']

Mas280 has told me more than once, that the power of his cars has spoiled him, and virtually anything else feels slow.

Most people on this board would be overwhelmed with the power of a stock LS1 in a Z car (or RX7).

Mas280 initially found the stroked LS2 so powerfull, that even mas280 told me that the car is almost too powerful.

I have driven Mas280's car -- it is indescribably fast. I'm telling people on this board as a word of caution, because the adrenaline rush from the acceleration can cause people to lose common sense, and when a car can do 0-100mph in less than six seconds, it doesn't take long to get in trouble.

Mas280 has a lot of experience driving powerful cars. For those of you who don't have the experience, I recommend keeping the LSx engine stock.