HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

This is the message I sent to DavyZ:

Hey DavyZ,

I was wondering if you could possibly sticky the 2+2 forum for us 2+2ers. That 1 forum is probably the only forum us 2+2ers can call home. So...please sticky it for us! We're Zs too after all.

THANKS

gokiburix and all the 2+2ers.

:burnout:

---------------

So anyone else care to join me to help sticky this?

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy Guys,

Dont think many of you have seen my 2+2. The project is draging a bit but things are getting done slowly. 383 sb chevy is ready to go in but waiting on some clutch parts first and still a little more rust to fix. What you cant see from the photos ( at least a year old) is the shaved drip rails and the slight mod I did to the roof line at the hatch mounting point to soften the "jHockey stick" . Makes the transition from the roof line to the hatch a bit more intergrated. It also now has ZG flares as the Cobra r 10.5 rims didnt have a ♥♥♥♥ show of fitting.

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8086

Cheers, Douglas

Thread is stuck! One of the other admin did it for me :-D

Sweet! Im guessing since I originally posted it the nontech forum and now its is misc tech that we got all the posts we made in it added on? My number went from like 290 some to 305?

Dont think many of you have seen my 2+2. The project is draging a bit but things are getting done slowly. 383 sb chevy is ready to go in but waiting on some clutch parts first and still a little more rust to fix. What you cant see from the photos ( at least a year old) is the shaved drip rails and the slight mod I did to the roof line at the hatch mounting point to soften the "jHockey stick" . Makes the transition from the roof line to the hatch a bit more intergrated. It also now has ZG flares as the Cobra r 10.5 rims didnt have a ♥♥♥♥ show of fitting.

Cant wait to see your car finished! Anyway to get some new photos?

I posted in the Aerodynamics threads but no one answered. Anyone think the roofline of the 2+2 is better then the coupes?

The roofline may provide some advantage due to the quicker departure of the hatch. I think a lot of the 'aero advantage of the 2+2' talk comes from a misconception about the Bonneville Records we have attained in the Land Speed Z, a 1976 280Z 2+2. The reason we used a 2+2 had absolutely nothing to do with aerodynamics, but rather class rules that class the 2+2 in a 'production' class, rather than a 'GT' or 'Sports' class. Being in production, there are possibly 17 records we can go after with simple body changes, adding forced induction, or running 'fuel' instead of gasoline. If we ran a coupe, we could run and compete for only 4 classes, GT, BGT, GMS, & GBMS...that's it! And the records for 'MS' class are smoking fast in the engine classes we run---prime competition is Ferraris of 3 liter engine size... anybody recognize the name "Bob Norwood" if that says enough.

So really, the reason was rules based, like many racing decisions. Nothing at all to do with Aerodynamics.

I looked at an old original photo of my car and theyre isnt a right side mirror. I dont know why but there isnt.

BubbleGuinea- As you probably read on the last page, Ive been trying to figure out a way to incorporate a rollbar into a 2+2 while keeping the back accesible and the back seat still able to fold down. I dont have a car thats together to go look at and get measurements or I would be out theyre now trying to find a solution, so Ill have to rely on others ideas till my car is finished.

I am just reviewing these posts...if you are still on the lookout for one of those bars, I have a JDM 'bolt together' bar I harvested from an S30 2+2 just before I left Japan. I'm not up to sell it, but could graph and measure the thing so you could replicate it locally... or maybe take it to Autopower in San Diego so they could do it. PM me.

Hi guys,

I keep forgeting there is a 2+2 section. Anyone have an interest in some NOS white door panels? My Z has power windows and I am going with black interior. These are to nice for me to take out the fuzzies or dye black.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-280Z-2-2-Door-Panels_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33696QQihZ017QQitemZ270125145717QQrdZ1

Im gonna stick with the black.

Any one have ideas for a rear flare on a 2+2. I dont want the zgs I want something blended in that extends down tothe bottom of the car.

I tried to fix the rust on the rear lower fenders behind the wheel and it turned out OK but might not be the easiest to bondo up and it look nice and last. So I thought to get rear flares to cover up the spots and the just seal them up so they wont rust then cover them with the flare. I know the back of the flare should fit but Im not sure about the front.

Any ideas?

You may have to sculpture your own flares. I am starting to experiment with fiberglass. My mentor is one of the most detailed oriented I have ever met. Watching him work is amazing.

http://www.zonc.org/zoom_06_02.html

Are you saying the guy who made the Primmadonna Z's is mentoring you?

I'll start experimenting with fg when I get a mentor like that. I already tried to teach myself how to do metal body work and it turned out ok but Im sure me+fg would = terrible.

Tony, you have any pics of the Land Speed Record 2+2?

It is about a 2 hour drive for me to get to thier house in South San Francisco.

After seeing how it is done, I have these grand ideas of making door skins for mine as well. Time is keeping me from learning more.