HybridZ

240Z in Yellow?

CPLGDR

Hey guys. Just wondering what some of you thought about the idea of the car being painted in Yellow.

It's something I'm toying with alongside the mechanical refresh, and the idea of yellow cropped up whilst reading an old article in Octane magazine on the Ferrari Daytona

_DHB6090.JPG

1970%20Ferrari%20365%20GTB4%20Daytona.jpg

The colour is called 'Giallo Fly' and it is seems quite dark. I noticed a few styling similarities between the BRE Datsun 240Z, especially if you had the headlight covers painted over in the same colour as the body.

0703_sccp_01z+number_42_bre_nissan_240z+front_left_view.jpg

BRE3.jpg

Sorry for the large images! Anyone got any thoughts on dark yellow? Too brash maybe? I had a look for some online, but couldn't find much.

The most intense yellow Z I have seen is Joe's (Rags) turbo car...let me see if I can find photos. He says it attracts tons of bugs in the Summer. It reminds me of a Corvette yellow from the 80's. The photos don't do it justice. It's a great color. If you want to know what it looks like in person...just stare at the sun for a few seconds.

180455356_tdtB7-L.jpg

289128648_XAkTF-M.jpg

I was very seriously considering yellow for my car because my engine bay had been sprayed with a single stage "Ferrari Yellow" by the PO. I'm still undecided on my final color, but I ended up covering the yellow with a semi-gloss black just because it will match anything I decide to do, but yellow is only going to lend itself to the same yellow ;)

Needless to say, it's a gorgeous color!

16lz6n5.jpg

The colour on this one is fantastic, got any more pics?

180455356_tdtB7-L.jpg

This one also looks great, it seems hard to find a picture of a car with proper neutral lighting. But those two look great.

My car is currently silver, which means it looks like every other sports car out there =P. Shame, the original (and the engine bay) is that brown colour. Rust brown, lol.

16lz6n5.jpg

The colour on this one is fantastic, got any more pics?

CPLGDR....

This is my dads car. The color is PPG Vibrance series "Yella".

You can see some more pics of it on his site.

http://griz240.googlepages.com/

The color changes from green, to red, to orange at different angles.

We show it quite frequently and it wins awards at pretty much every show.

People that hate the color yellow even tell us they love the color.

Kevin