HybridZ

Lets see your V8 in your Z.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

me and a buddy were racing and i exited off the freeway at 3am and made a green light on to a street with like a 2 mile straight away so i opened her up, i passed a cop on a side street that was running radar well he turned on the red and blue's and i floored it lol i made it about 5 miles down the road when a cop coming from the opposite direction flashed his lights so i stopped. I got charged with failure to yield, Reckless driving, eluding an officer, speeding, being a nuisance in a residential area (because of noise) and no registration or insurance the car. they towed it and i have to pay court fines and towing charges to get it back

Well that was when I got it. It had no fan and yes that is the stock radiator. I've since built an electric fan setup pulling something like 3500 cfm and thats being pulled through a Camaro radiator (the kind talked about in the JTR manual)

If you want to run a mechanical fan be sure to find/build/mod some shroud on there otherwise the fan will only pull air around the radiator, not through it. My fans now are right up against the radiator but a mechanical SBC fan won't be right up against it.

Well that was when I got it. It had no fan and yes that is the stock radiator. I've since built an electric fan setup pulling something like 3500 cfm and thats being pulled through a Camaro radiator (the kind talked about in the JTR manual)

If you want to run a mechanical fan be sure to find/build/mod some shroud on there otherwise the fan will only pull air around the radiator, not through it. My fans now are right up against the radiator but a mechanical SBC fan won't be right up against it.

I'm curious, did the stock radiator with no fan even work at ALL for the setup? I can't imagine it would...