Jump to content
HybridZ

Jethoncho

Members
  • Content Count

    95
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback

    0%

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

1 Follower

About Jethoncho

  • Rank
    Regular

Profile Information

  • Location
    Pompano Beach

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Yesterday’s project was to build the lower end of my RB26, forged pistons, forged rods, Nismo graded main bearings, King rod bearings, ARP main studs, all clearances are spot on ...she’s ready for 20-30 psi boost, goal is 650hp. It’s gonna be a beast.
  2. Today’s project was the left frame rail...fabricated the replacement from 12ga (about twice the thickness of original). Got one flange welded on, flip the car tomorrow and do the other flange. The rotisserie was money well spent, such an awesome tool! My plan is to add extensions to tie in the aft subframe... 9C1C0AD6-1C78-46E9-8411-F535E65A3ECC.MOV
  3. Thanks for checking it out... stay tuned, I’m in full speed ahead mode with the covid crisis.
  4. Actually, I had it bolted down to a slab of Aluminium to “prevent” warping...didn’t work so the jig/fixture you see was to allow me to put it on a mill to machine the flange flat again.
  5. The build has taken a bit of a detour, the RB25 has been sold and a RB26 is going to take its place...got a good deal on a complete RB26 that needed a rebuild. It’s now bored +1mm to 87mm and going back with forged pistons and rods. Waiting on main bearing from Japan since Nissan in their infinite wisdom decided to use up to 7 different “standard” sized bearings and they’re happy to have up to 6 different sizes in an individual engine. She’s gonna be a beast...
  6. I have changed the direction of my build so it now includes a RB26. This considered, I did a rear sump mod to the front sump AWD cast pan. I sliced off the differential, then cut just the sump section and moved it aft, then filled the front with some 5052 sheet aluminum.
  7. Sorry, it’s been a while since I updated this...it is progressing slowly. I picked up a Garrett GTX3076 gen 2 turbo then I fabricated my 3” exhaust from 304SS, lots of cuts and welds but all in all I’m pleased. Next was to tackle in intake side. I decided to go DBW so I picked up a Bosch DBW throttle body, Mishimoto intercooler and associated clamps and tubing. Never welded aluminum before but with a couple hours practice it was game on. Fabricated the intake charge tubes so now my intake and exhaust are complete and ready to be shelved until body restoration is complete. Currently worki
  8. Well, I am gonna be on the road for over a month, left home on June 2nd heading for Australia...should be home around July 8th so my build is on hold for a bit...stay tuned!
  9. I have an Akebono kit intended for a S14. 14” rotors and huge calipers. https://www.z1motorsports.com/brakes/z1-motorsports/z1-motorsports-14-akebono-big-brake-master-set-240sx-p-4669.html
  10. Suspension is a work in progress. Latest is I modified steering knuckles on the S14 spindles so I could use stock length outer tie rods to maintain original geometry.
  11. Okay guys, I took a slightly different approach than my original mockup. I too ended up altering the steering knuckles on my S14 spindles. Instead of cutting and welding the steering knuckles into a different position I modified them by heating the and reforming them to restore to original S30 geometry. I ordered custom outer tie rods then had to go back and order new longer sleeves to account for the reworked steering knuckles. Right side is mocked up (minus new tie rod sleeve), I’m much happier with this setup...
  12. Thanks dude, I’ve found if you go slow u can work through just about any problem just have to stay a few steps ahead of the metal.
  13. Back to rust/sheet metal repairs today. The upper section of the windshield frame had a couple small rust holes...I guess I could have patched them but I decided to replace the entire upper section. First, I ordered a piece of 20 gauge that was 48” long so I could make it in one piece. Next, I put it on a four foot brake to form the angle for the flange. Then it was time to form the compound curves with a shrinker/stretcher. Once all that was done I drilled off all the spot welds and cut the frame out just under the bend that forms the upper body contour. I carefully trimmed my patch pie
  14. Okay, Ive been issued a challenge. I want a #ZStory exhaust for my S30 RB25 build. I guess if I was going to run an OEM boost level I could use Sean Dezart's 2.5" system and be very happy. Problem is, I'm going to turn the boost up a little so I'd really prefer to get my gases flowing through a 3" system. Sean suggest I go with one of the systems thats already available from other S30 specialist, problem is every time I see his system I start drooling uncontrollably whereas every time I look at one of those "brand X" systems I nearly loose my lunch. There is literally no comparison betwee
  15. Okay, Ive been issued a challenge. I want a #ZStory exhaust for my S30 RB25 build. I guess if I was going to run an OEM boost level I could use Sean Dezart's 2.5" system and be very happy. Problem is, I'm going to turn the boost up a little so I'd really prefer to get my gases flowing through a 3" system. Sean suggest I go with one of the systems thats already available from other S30 specialist, problem is every time I see his system I start drooling uncontrollably whereas every time I look at one of those "brand X" systems I nearly loose my lunch. There is literally no comparison betwee
×
×
  • Create New...