HybridZ

Wiper Linkage?

On the way home from buying my '78 280z, the wipers died... worked fine at first. I can still hear movement, but nothing windshield-side. I'm assuming that the linkage is shot, but after several searches on Google and this site I can't find ANYTHING on replacement parts (only used) or people with similar experience. Anyone else had this problem?

I believe my bro-in-law has some linkages around (unless he sent me the last one). You can email him at Mat M AT m2differentials DOT com. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the linkage is bad though. I'd be checking fuses and looking at the wiring for the motor first.

Before you guys buying anything, just pull off your wipers and cowel. (be sure to mark them for reinstall) I've heard of a few people where the linkage just came loose. you might just need to put it back on and tighten a screw. I've seen people also fab new linkage, or even replace with an 80's honda motor/linkage.

• 1 month later...

Something in your last post caught my eye. You mentioned a plastic bushing. I just finished rebuilding the linkage from my '77....basically a clean, paint and lube job. Mine has all metal parts with broze spherical a bearing/bushings and felt washers at the pivot points. Could it be that your linkage has already been replaced with a later model honda linkage (which has plastic bushings)? If so, you may be able to find decent parts at your local up-pull-it yard.

good luck