HybridZ

Q45 throttle body 'making the turn'

wrcbonk

I am asking an old question, but wanted to update folks on my progress as well. So I decided to pull the trigger and get a Freddy front facing plenum. I also decided to order a oem Q45 throttle body. Included below are pics of the setup. My question is as follows. Based on your experiences, can I find connectors that will allow me to connect the intercooler piping to the throttle body while clearing the inside front quarter panel? I was planing to run my intercoller piping through the lower hole in the front frame cross member, see pics below.

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

Thanks

Bonk

If you neck down right off the TB to like 3" and immediately take a 45* turn then I think you can. I have seen a few do it this way. Personally I prefer the larger diameter for throttle feel and large displacement of air column behind in front of the throttle plate for response. Everyone has their opinions though. I rubbed/beat out part of my inner fender well and used a large 45* coupler to make the bend.

I need to do much the same with mine as am using a 90mm tbh

Maybe it wouldn't make much or no odds but I thought about takin some material from the throttle body flange and then the plenum flange to add a little more room?

I didn't have access or have the skill to weld stuff, so I took the rout of cutting the TB. Looks like you have more room then I have on mine. I cut a little chunk of the tb, and then grind it a bit so I will get a flat surface so my coupler will easylie side in. I use a straight reducer coupler with a 45 degree pipe. I think for you Bill, you should be able to get away with a 45 dregree silicone reducer into a straight 3 Inc pipe to the intercooler.

0a0faa32.jpg

dd5e9484.jpg

This weekend i should be in town. So just call me if you need help.