HybridZ

s30 motor mounts

I have a rb26 swapped 240z making decent torque. Unfortunatley I decided to use the OEM s30 engine mounts for the swap instead of utilizing the gtr insulators.

Now I have decided to upgrade my mounts to something more stiff but want to retain my original fabrication work. is there any stiffer/more durable engine mounts available for the s30? I am not looking for hockey puck mounts.. i want a bolt on solution. I tried using an aftermarket mount from my local parts store and it lasted about 3 pulls before breaking in half and put a nice dent in my hood. I am now back to the OEM 40 year old datsun mount which is holdinng up decent but I am a bit concerened.

Putting simple torque limiting straps prevents broken motor mounts, Chevy owners have known about that for 60+ years!

You can do it to a Datsun as well. Soft quiet mounts which never break...simple!

For what it is worth, the polys will transmit a LOT of engine vibration into your car. Tony D called it right. Use a simple torque strap from the engine block to the crossmember or framerail. It will prevent excessive twisting and damage to the mounts. These can be produced out of chain, cable, or more elaborate designs. It is bullet proof. I've used these on damn near every hi-po car/truck I've ever owned.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1003&bih=563&q=torque+strap&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=torque+str

hmm ill have a look at my engine bay and see what i can do for a torque strap.

Im thinking a strut tower bar style (two heim joints with adjustable rods)

what would be the best anchoring point? Im thinking the subframe (weld a tang) but im worried about the subframe cracking. The stok z rails arent the stoutest things either.