HybridZ

My New early 74 260z ($550)

JSM

I needed an extra car like I needed a hole in my head, but for the price I just couldn't say no.

-New Tires

-New Vitaloni Mirrors

-New Full Dash Cap

-New lowering springs

-After market sway bar

-Urethane Front Air dam

-Newer carpet kit

-In the bag New Windows, doors seal kit

-Nice Grant Steering wheel

-Headers w/full 2"+ exhaust

-Snider Stage III cam (I know big deal)

-Drilled rotors w/Toyota 4x4 caliper upgrade

-Early 72 SU carbs w/New K&N air filters

-ZX 5 speed

-A/C that supposedly worked

-Rust free replacement hood

So I have my $550 if I just keep the parts and scrap the car. My wife just shook her head. The lack of rust and it being a 5 speed really made me second guess fixing my sons rusty car. His needs some attention and now that he can drive manual, he wanted me to convert his to manual. This just seemed like less work overall.

On to a few pics.

5d59f796.jpg

d415143b.jpg

21371f94.jpg

I am totally pissed lol just kidding man, its a very nice car, I was actually on my way to pick the car up when the guy called me and told me you had purchased it from his dad!

LOL! I almost waited for you to come check it out first. I went back early the next day and paid him in full.

The entire motor is from a later series ZX.

How many have ended up in my back yard under similar logic???

I bought a 71 at police auction for $125 under the premise that I could experiment on a chop top... It had a five speed in it and I really wanted that tranny anyway. So while under it I realized "Holy Hell this thing has ABSOLUTELY no rust!"

Then it was "I can't chop this one up, better find another, I'll use this for something else..." :P

And so it began...

Yea but I'm glad you picked it up, cause I know it will do you some good. Right after hearing that he sold it I found a minty condition 280zx that is now my DD! but good luck with the car man and keep us updated cause you really lucked out!

• 7 months later...

So after reading different post on the Snider cam failures and knowing this car had one, before I started to put her back together I figured I would check. The results were'nt pretty. Almost every lobe had some wear :(

e247045d.jpg

e1fdf916.jpg

57c3ad9a.jpg

I was going to throw a turbo on this NA block anyway and play some. I guess now I'm pulling a motor. Who knows how much metal shavings are in the motor. Good thing I have a spare turbo motor I can swap in!

Edited by JSM