HybridZ

A video of my purple turd

I used to post on here along time ago as Zfan, maybe 10-12 yrs ago when the site first started up. Nothing special, just a 010/020 high nickel 350 block with a 400 forged crank, 6" rods and JE pistons, pump gas friendly 10.83 to 1 compression. Ported AFR 210 Eliminator heads, custom ground roller cam, ported Victor Jr. intake, Proform 750 dp carb. NOS big shot plate system, 180 shot. Transmission is a built 700r4 with Edge 9" racing converter, 3800 stall. Rear end is a 200 LSD out of a 89 model 300zxt with Modern Motorsports stub axles and hub/adapters. Coil overs, Mickey Thompson 255/60-15's. It's just a little 1971 Datsun 240Z that is street driven all over the Dallas/Ft.Worth area.

Surprises a lot of cars on the streets and on track too. I am looking at a LSX or 2JZ swap next year, maybe even in an old Mustang Coupe if not my Z.

Mike

I used to post on here along time ago as Zfan, maybe 10-12 yrs ago when the site first started up. Nothing special, just a 010/020 high nickel 350 block with a 400 forged crank, 6" rods and JE pistons, pump gas friendly 10.83 to 1 compression. Ported AFR 210 Eliminator heads, custom ground roller cam, ported Victor Jr. intake, Proform 750 dp carb. NOS big shot plate system, 180 shot. Transmission is a built 700r4 with Edge 9" racing converter, 3800 stall. Rear end is a 200 LSD out of a 89 model 300zxt with Modern Motorsports stub axles and hub/adapters. Coil overs, Mickey Thompson 255/60-15's. It's just a little 1971 Datsun 240Z that is street driven all over the Dallas/Ft.Worth area.

Surprises a lot of cars on the streets and on track too. I am looking at a LSX or 2JZ swap next year, maybe even in an old Mustang Coupe if not my Z.

Mike

Your Z is as good as it can be as is. Not much to be gained with a LSx or 2JZ, just more headaches. What year did you purchase the Modern Motorsports stub axles. Did the same and they are REALLY BEEFY. Also using the same R200 CLSD with 3.7 ratio. Only improvement might be beefed up 4L60E with steering wheel paddle shifters versus the 700R4. Other than that newer AFR COMPETITION heads might be a little bit better. Your Z is really 90%+ optimized right now.

Mike, welcome back! Good to see you post after a loooong time. Hope you stick around and have a beer. :cheers:

Davy

Thanks Davy,

Glad to see some of the Old Timers are still around. Did you ever build that Z?

Mike

Thanks Davy,

Glad to see some of the Old Timers are still around. Did you ever build that Z?

Mike

HAHAHAHAHA! eh, dont ask. I am still working on it since my move to NC. I have some rust issues that I am dealing with. I have 95% of everything I need and more to finish the swap, but I am in rust repair mode right now. I seriously doubt I will ever buy a car with a rust issue ever again, even minor ones. The kids take up my time too, but that's OK and the way life is supposed to work so I am OK with that. Still, I want to complete the car so I can clean out my garage ;)

Again, it's good to have you back.

Davy

Nice looking Z

Curious as to what rims those are and the size, what size tire? and rubbing issues? No lowering springs, stock ride height?

I could almost read the size from one of the pictures but not quite.

The car has coil overs with 10" springs 250 lbs, the tires in the rear are 255/60-15 Mickey Thompson's. The wheel wells are rolled by yours truly, rims are Konig Rewind 15X7, zero offset, nothing fancy!