HybridZ

Motor Mount ?

Daz

I recently was on RawBrokerage.com and I saw that they sell a R33 crossmember that'll bolt up an s30 chassis. Could this be an easier cheaper method than the McKinney mounts ? I would still need to buy the stock mounts ! Where do I find Rick Wong mounts ? Does he have a website ?

I recently was on RawBrokerage.com and I saw that they sell a R33 crossmember that'll bolt up an s30 chassis. Could this be an easier cheaper method than the McKinney mounts ? I would still need to buy the stock mounts ! Where do I find Rick Wong mounts ? Does he have a website ?

I dont see any "S30" specifc cross member. Ricky has the Mc Kinney stuff for sure. I do see "S chassis" R31 and R33 cross members for $250. These are, Im pretty sure for the S13 and S14 crowd though as they either bolt in or are easily fitted to the 240sx's.

I could be wrong.

Rick Wong is either here or on Nicoclub. I cannot remember, but his info is in a post burried in the archives here somewhere. Do a search and you will eventually run across it. He does not have a website that Im aware of. You simply email him and see if he has any left or is going to make another batch soon. I love his mounts, but you still have to fab up the transmission mount, which gives you room to do it anyway you want and in my case allowed me to run a large exhaust pipe through the trans tunnel and not under the lowest point of the car.

Ray

I dont see any "S30" specifc cross member. Ricky has the Mc Kinney stuff for sure. I do see "S chassis" R31 and R33 cross members for $250. These are, Im pretty sure for the S13 and S14 crowd though as they either bolt in or are easily fitted to the 240sx's.

I could be wrong.

Rick Wong is either here or on Nicoclub. I cannot remember, but his info is in a post burried in the archives here somewhere. Do a search and you will eventually run across it. He does not have a website that Im aware of. You simply email him and see if he has any left or is going to make another batch soon. I love his mounts, but you still have to fab up the transmission mount, which gives you room to do it anyway you want and in my case allowed me to run a large exhaust pipe through the trans tunnel and not under the lowest point of the car.

Ray

I think your right about the "S Chassis," I guess I was wishful thinking ! I'm still trying to decide LS-Series V8 or RB engine. I have a RB/Z32TT tranny already and just need the engine. I have access to a LS1 and a LS-Series 4.8 but I would need a tranny(T56). Both(T56 & RB25DET) cost around the same price, I'm just not sure which way I want to go. I did plan on some drags with it but also so road courses too. But mostly weekend fun and an occasional drive to work.

I still have a set of Wong mounts that I don't need...

Got pics ? How much ? It might be a coupe of weeks depending how much you want since I spent the brunt of my saved money on front coilover pieces. Does it include the tranny mount ? I have a rb/z32tt tranny.

We have the S30 McKinney mounts in stock... though there are a few versions depending on what year your Z is. As you identified the R33 cross member is a no go for the S30 chassis. Let me know what you need and I'll set it up.

I'll try to send some pics. No trans mount or Supra isolators, just the aluminum parts and bolts. You can have them for $200 shipped. I ended up going with the McKinney setup because my project was falling behind schedule and I didn't have time to fab more shtuff...

edit: Had to bump up the price a tad, I thought I had paid less for them. I bought them from mrcheeze36 for $275...

Edited by linluv84