HybridZ

High fuel pressure concern

What's your high pressure issue? Standard LS1 pressure is supposed to be 55-60psi. I think majority of people here use 2 options:

1. the pressure regulated fuel filter from a 2001(?) corvette. It has an internal pressure regulator, a return line, and a single line going to the engine

2. fuel pressure regulator set up near the engine, with fuel rails being fed and a return line going back to the tank

What's your high pressure issue? Standard LS1 pressure is supposed to be 55-60psi. I think majority of people here use 2 options:

1. the pressure regulated fuel filter from a 2001(?) corvette. It has an internal pressure regulator, a return line, and a single line going to the engine

2. fuel pressure regulator set up near the engine, with fuel rails being fed and a return line going back to the tank

I am looking at 80psi. I am also using the Corvette filter/regulator. I also have the Walbro 255 fuel pump; you think thats the problem?

In the past I've used a Walbro 255 and the C5 regulator set up, using -6 lines all around. Always read 58psi at the fuel rail. If you are reading 80 psi there is a problem elsewhere. Maybe the regulator is bad? maybe the return line from the regulator to the tank is way too restrictive? Maybe the fuel pressure gauge you're using is bad?

In the past I've used a Walbro 255 and the C5 regulator set up, using -6 lines all around. Always read 58psi at the fuel rail. If you are reading 80 psi there is a problem elsewhere. Maybe the regulator is bad? maybe the return line from the regulator to the tank is way too restrictive? Maybe the fuel pressure gauge you're using is bad?

It a brand new fuel filter/regulator; I checked the line and it looks fine;