HybridZ

inner tie rod thread length

I have an old set (out of a 240Z I think), the treads are 2" long. That's from the start of the treads to the end of the rod, not from where your picture is measuring. Looks like you still have 1" to go on your picture.

Edited by deja

yea i did lock the steering, but i do recall when i was putting in my urethane steering bushing a few months ago (doing a build) my steering wheel came out and might not be in the right spline because i had the column unmounted. i didn't really measure from the rubber moreso the back of the adjustment bolt where you put the wrench.

What's important is that the alignment is square. I suggest you string the car if you have time and make sure the back tracks the front. Pull the steering wheel off before you start so it doesn't give any preconceived idea about where the steering center is. Then put the tie rod ends an equal distance out from the groove for the outer rack boot lip.