HybridZ

Kanagawa Prefecture Highway Police 240ZG

Iv been trying to find info and pics of this 240ZG used by the Kanagawa prefecture Highway Police as a patrol car.

I know its back in Nissan's collection but the only thing Iv been able to find so far is pics of the outside of the real car

and some pics of the inside of model cars.

anyone have any other info or pics?

329.jpg

img56566014.jpg

10144431t2.jpg

10144431z.jpg

I think your best bet is to go visit Japan and take pixors of what you want or pay Tony D!

On this site I see two pics you can see part of the dash in the pic near the end. Some one seemed more interested in all the skylines and race cars to care about the old Datsuns.

http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=general&msg_id=2079707

Sorry posted on phone will edit soon.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on the S20.

I remembered reading that, I thought ALL the police versions had S20 in them based on the 2 liter restriction, didn't know they had L24 car too. Guess I can't make assumption.

edit: Looks to me like it's just by chance the two pics are together.......

Edited by neotech84

Alan, do you know what [appears to be] the small access panel behind the left rear wheel is for?

That's a speaker for announcements / instructions to be broadcast to the general public by the officer in the passenger seat.

Reason it's on the left side ( only ) is because instructions were expected to be given to other cars which were on the inside ( Japan being RHD, and driving on the left of the road ) with the patrol car on the outside ( fast ) lane of the highway. This car was intended as a ( relatively ) high speed pursuit vehicle for multi-lane highways, and a 'normal' speaker would soon fill up with insects, dirt and who knows what else, as well as creating drag / noise. That's the theory, anyway.....

+1 on the S20.

I remembered reading that, I thought ALL the police versions had S20 in them based on the 2 liter restriction, didn't know they had L24 car too. Guess I can't make assumption.

edit: Looks to me like it's just by chance the two pics are together.......

Actually, only two ( possibly three ) S20-engined Fairlady Z432 models were used by the different prefectural Highway Patrol police forces in Japan. There were many more 'ordinary' L20 and L24-engined models used, including 2/2 variants ( which were much handier for carrying equipment ). The L24-engined models were not on sale in Japan until October 1971.