HybridZ

Steering wheel adapter

seattlejester

So I searched and I'm getting mixed responses.

I'm looking to get a quick release for my steering wheel to make getting in and out less of an ordeal. Does anybody know if nissan's steering hub/spline count is the same for all their vehicles? Mainly the 240sx vs the 240z?

I've searched a few forums and read that some holes need to be drilled larger, some spacer has to be used, or the hub adapter has to be ground flatter/thinner, just a bunch of conflicting notes.

Google turns up nrg's compatibility list, but in the form of 240sx/260/280z and all 280zx, which is a bit confusing.

I asked a friend to see if he could find his old 240sx set to see if it would fit my 240z, and I know a few 240sx guys who have setups I can test out, but I'm pretty sure they would rather not go through the ordeal of taking off their adapters, and 240sx adapters are very readily available, more-so than 240z 6 bolt adapters.

Any help is appreciated!

Buy a momo hub from MSA( it fits all s30s and s130s), then attach an NRG slim quick release( it should have the 6 bolt mom hub pattern). It will stick a little closer to you than a stock steering wheel, but that wasn't a problem for me.

I don't know for sure if the 240sx one will work, but if it does, buy a "short" hub to attach the "slim" quick release. That should be about stock distance.

Did you look at the MOMO hub list for Nissans?

http://www.momousa.com/products/products/steering-wheels/hubs/nissan-hubs.html

The 240SX has a different part number so I doubt it will fit an early Z.

Like BluDestiny said, buy a MOMO hub and get an NRG slim adapter.

If you're looking for a cheaper hub, there's a non-collapsible (unlike MOMO) Boss Hub. Search "240Z Boss hub" on ebay. You can also get Momo adapters for Grant hubs.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

The 240 spline count is different and slightly smaller diameter than the s30s. I found this out the hard way. I purchased both the NRG and MOMO. The NRG came in first and was the wrong model (for a 240 not the 240z) It almost looked like it would fit but after measuring with a calipher, it was too small. The MOMO was a perfect fit. But my setup is not for a quick release.

Does anyone recall a thread about ordering ebay MOMO wheels through a vendor in Singapore? I seem to recall the guy had good prices and was selling the real thing, but I can't find the thread and I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket...

• 2 weeks later...