HybridZ

Sticky280zx ever screw anyone else over?

Two80z4me

If your deal falls through, and you find out if the L16 pulley will work, just send me a PM and it's yours free.

The Z dampers should have an inner and an outer hub with rubber between them. The 4 cylinder L engines, I'll have to check, are usually solid pulleys. I think I remember mine being a damper though.

For $300 you might as well get a nice damper instead of an OEM one or whatever. The problem with older dampers is that the rubber will rot and the outer hub winds up slowly spinning around the inner hub. Not the type of spin that you can see, but over time it will twist. One thing I did on mine was drill a 1/8" hole in the V groove, through both hubs. Then you can slide the drill bit or some 1/8" rod through there. A few years later when I had to pull it off I checked again and the bit didn't go through, meaning the outer hub twisted, and therefore isn't balanced anymore. Maybe not a big deal but I changed it out anyway.

Edited by josh817

Uh, the damper is NOT internal on the L...it's the front crank pulley.

I thought it was placed in the rear of the motor in the flywheel area? maybe I'm getting confused with my old saab 900 turbo, its been a long day...

I cannot find it. I know I have it, but where is the question. Let me check in my attic tomorrow night.

alright, and that works because I want to give it a couple more days if it does manage to get here...

I really appreciate all the input from you guys, thanks a lot.

Great news, the pulley arrived today. I spoke to sticky finally and he was out of town due to family (wife) issues where he didnt have a access to his email. I guess I should've called his cell in the first place.

Thanks for all of the help everyone, specifically JSM and Nash for the great deals if it had fallen through again. I'll be donating the money I was about to send to Nash for the 4th pulley to HybridZ.

Have a great one guys, this pezt should be alive and well soon.

2 weeks ago, sent him money (he doesn't have a paypal or something like that because somebody didnt pay him enough and they wouldn't pay him back for lost money) via money order to texas, and then the tracking number said it was delivered on a tuesday, but he apparently doesn't get it til thursday/friday sometime... Then he claims he sent out the crank pulley on monday, but it still isn't here and he won't answer any of my e-mails?

Anyone else ever deal with Sticky280zx in this shady type manor? or am I just being paranoid and impatient?

My favorite JY has an early 260Z with AC. If you can use this pully and I'll call the owner to get a price for you.

G

Great news, the pulley arrived today. I spoke to sticky finally and he was out of town due to family (wife) issues where he didnt have a access to his email. I guess I should've called his cell in the first place.

Thanks for all of the help everyone, specifically JSM and Nash for the great deals if it had fallen through again. I'll be donating the money I was about to send to Nash for the 4th pulley to HybridZ.

Have a great one guys, this pezt should be alive and well soon.

OK.... we have a happy customer now. End of this story! cheers.gif