HybridZ

Whistle/Screeching Sound

TonyB

I have a 1982 280zx Turbo. I have had the car for about five months, and it starting making this whistling/screeching when I accelerate. I saw some things online saying it could be the intake being lose or some kind of chain being messed up. I have no idea really what it is. If anyone could help a fellow Z driver, I would be greatly appreciative.

Edited by TonyB

Maybe something go into the turbo? or oil starvation of the turbo. Might want to check it.

Where exactly is the noise coming from?

How do I check if its the turbo? I can't really tell exactly where its coming from, but its in the front of the car.

no offence tony but you are not giving a lot of info.. could be quite a few things. Is the car only making the noise under load or does it make it when you rev your engine as well. Also saying its in the front of the car can be interpreted many ways. How "in the front of the car" is it?

• 2 weeks later...

no offence tony but you are not giving a lot of info.. could be quite a few things. Is the car only making the noise under load or does it make it when you rev your engine as well. Also saying its in the front of the car can be interpreted many ways. How "in the front of the car" is it?

This guy will tell you more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_JtoW7GrdY

Edited by m1ghtymaxXx