HybridZ

Best Adhesive or Tape To Stick Body Molding To The Car's Body?

slownrusty

Hey Guys...trying to work on my ZX here and there...I had to remove the OEM body molding to do some paint work and ready to re-attach it, what do you recommend as a strong adhesive or tape that will last through moisture \ weather \ time etc...it is the 3-in rubber strip you see in the picture below above the "Turbo" graphic.

Thanks!

Yasin

i-SNtLphG-XL.jpg

Edited by slownrusty

I have had a local shop to me (Wholesale dealers painting products inc) suggest a 3m product, acrylic plus tape for external moldings. I was inquiring about attatching the rear fiberglass subtle z quarters and was guided to a gun applied 3m adhesive for my application. I have not used either of these products so I can not say without a shadow of a doubt that they work as advertised, but have had nothing but good results using 3m products. I intend on purchasing the gun and adhesive when the time comes to apply the rear quarters.

On a side note, would love to see more pics and video of your car. It has to one of the cleanest modified zx's I have seen. I can't count how many times I have watched your youtube vids.

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

Is the right 3M tape guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3M-Automotive-Acrylic-Plus-Double-Sided-Attachment-Tape-/200618414736?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item2eb5ca1290#ht_2860wt_939

Nelsonian I appreciate the comments and kudos and support! Thanks again.

Here you go a few more from last night:

i-W9txLjC-XL.jpg

6157426145_e2a595a4f2_b.jpg

6157392695_92014622c2_b.jpg

398524099.jpg

As a side note, to my surprise I went to a car show yesterday and the old girl brought the house down..put a smile (and apparently everyone else's) on my face.

Yasin

Edited by slownrusty

Yasin,

Your car and a few other members zx's on here have completely changed my mind on the zx platform. I have a friend back home in NC with a slick top whom I've told to give me first crack at it if he ever parts with it. Yeah, real smart thinking here, start a new project without even finishing the first, can we say Dat addiction. Anyways, when you get it all sorted, please make a video of it ripping down the street. Yes, for now I live vicariously through others builds.

Yasin,

Your car and a few other members zx's on here have completely changed my mind on the zx platform. I have a friend back home in NC with a slick top whom I've told to give me first crack at it if he ever parts with it. Yeah, real smart thinking here, start a new project without even finishing the first, can we say Dat addiction. Anyways, when you get it all sorted, please make a video of it ripping down the street. Yes, for now I live vicariously through others builds.

Thanks again buddy! Very kind words. This car has stayed with me, moved around the country with me, different jobs, houses, women (laughing) and evolved..it has been a labor of love that has spanned a decade! Crazy..where did all the time go? I have to promise myself to finish it and enjoy it and drive it. I promise to make a video of me rowing through the gears hard! Thanks again and get your car done, don't let it take forever like me.

My best - Yasin