HybridZ

Dash lights, tail lights, and side marker lights are not working. ***Already checked fuse and rheostat***

regggggggg

While I was driving home earlier tonight, all my dash lights went out including my rear tail lights and side marker lights.

I checked ALL the fuses. Nothing is blown.

Rheostat was already bypassed so it can't me the source of the problem.

Took a volt meter and ran it IN CIRCUIT between the battery and negative ground wire to check for AMP draw. Readings say its pulling 0.02 AMPS.

I'll pull OUT the dash fuse and the reading drops to ZERO. The light switch normally used to turn ON/OFF the dash lights is not working because whether in the OFF or ON position it still draws 0.02 AMPS.

Could the switch itself be the problem?

OR...

Could there just be a short before the switch? And if so, is there a certain way to find the source of the short?

Edited by regggggggg

Could be your switch. I had the same thing happen to me and my problem was that a little plastic nub in the light switch had worn so much that it caused the switch mechanism to short, melting the solder that held a couple of wires to it.

Would I be able to take the switch apart and fix it? or would I have to buy a new one?

Mine works but i noticed the other day i hit the housing that holds the contacts (i have the cover off) with my hand and lost all the lights, wiggled it around and they came back on. so i will have to take it apart and clean it up, check there.