HybridZ

Modernized Dash?

zohanisback

CHECK HERE for the do it yourself kits. I'm having mine professionally done as they use the electrostatic method to ensure the entire surface is more uniform and the fibers stand up straighter.

I found the place by asking around shops that specialized in custom dashboard and panel wrapping work. Took a while to find the shop, but they do exist!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has dreamed about copying the Mazda dash setup in a Z. I was thinking if I had a spare dash I'd experiment with cutting and fiberglassing. I was thinking just doing just the 3 main gauge pods into the Z dash would look really cool, while in a way keeping sort of the Z look.

I know, right? I'm one of those people who want my Z to look both new and original. I don't care if it looks anything like an original Z, I just want to go all out on it. :D

• 3 months later...

I will stick to upholstry shops, they can prepare and refresh your dash at a very decent price. Im not gonna butcher a dash from another car and try to make it fit. If it wasnt for the gaps, wiring probs, heater duct probs, and having armed airbags with no controller or failsafe atached? no thanks. I would love to make a fiber one, but it takes a talent I dont have. Hats off to the lucky ones that can.