HybridZ

Need help with Techno Toy TC rods

Hey Guys,

I could really use some advice on the TC rod setup for my 240z. Im hoping someone who's had theirs adjusted with an alignment would be able to post a pic to gauge the appx length they should be set to.

Im not sure if they are stock length when fully retracted for somewhere in the middle of their travel, and I do not have a stock one to compare to.

pictures of an installed set would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Meph

The whole point is to be able to adjust the caster. If you're having the car aligned, have them set the caster to where you want it. Stock is 2.5 degrees, most racers like more, although you may run into fender/airdam clearance issues when you start getting 4+ degrees.

I got a new set waiting to be put on, other things come first though.

As stated above if installed you will need an alignment but i'm assuming there is nothing on the car now. Caster is the angle between the upper and lower pivot points. Most of the time you want even caster side to side. Even caster dosent allways mean both rods are adjusted the same (if you had a perfect car it would). To get it close you can go by wheel base or an even cruder method would be to center the wheel in the wheel wells. Caster is not truly a wear measurement. Toe will chew the tires really quick and camber tends to wear a little slower.

So what to do? Put the suckers on there, center it up with the wheel well and drive it. If it pulls you need to either= A lenghten the rod on the side it pulls to or B shorten the opposite side.

An alignment should be in your near future if they are installed.

Edit- reversed the right-left, i was thinking front mounted rods. LOL

Edited by VKLR

Would be nice to think their parts come "pre-set" to std factory road settings?

Not that thats the answer but it gives a base to start from

No adjustable suspension that I'm aware of comes preset at the factory settings. Camber plates, control arms, none of it.

Just make the lengths of the rods even and drive it to an alignment shop. As VKLR states, it's not a tire wearing adjustment. If the chassis is square, having them the same length should result in no pull.

I have been running a pretty high amount of caster but after installing my new tires with 5% more sidewall and lowering with my new coil over setup I'm running into rubbing issues on the front of the fender. Im able to do my own toe and camber adjustment so was just looking to run stock caster for the time being (or have an idea what position correlates to what degree appx.) I never measured caster just ran the rod at the same length with no pulls or issues. Thanks for the input so far, if I find an answer Ill update the thread for anyone in the future who might need it.

No adjustable suspension that I'm aware of comes preset at the factory settings. Camber plates, control arms, none of it.

Just make the lengths of the rods even and drive it to an alignment shop. As VKLR states, it's not a tire wearing adjustment. If the chassis is square, having them the same length should result in no pull.

As with any performance part for a Nissan, they fit multiple vehicles. It would cost too much money to maintain a stock of the same part adjusted to fit a specific aplication.I just purchased these for my S130, and I love them. I installed them yesterday and the car needs an alignment. You can get it close and then spend the $50 and get an alignment.You probably need it anyway!!