HybridZ

N/A brake booster and boost

Hey guys, im in the midst of a turbo swap, and a concern just came to mind that i have quite literally NEVER heard any input on.

My thinking is that, brake boosters are operated solely on vacuum, yeah, so whats going to happen when that diaphragm gets pushed the wrong way at 14psi of boost. Id imagine were only looking at the same psi of boost as the vacuum that the engine would pull normally at idle( about 1 atmosphere), but id hate to have that break or tear in the middle of a WOT pull and be stuck without power breaks.

My friend came up with the idea of throwing a 1 way check valve on the line to prevent it from seeing + pressure, but another has a concern that this may still hinder the booster from working properly directly after a boost situation

What do most of you turboed s30 guys do? Is the booster stronger than i am giving it credit for and i should just leave the line unchecked?

Sam280Z kinda nailed it, they all already have a one-way check valve... :huh:

People don't usually brake with their foot floored at WOT and on-boost anyway, except in Audi Quattros...at startup....in their home garage...

Edited by Tony D